Renewable Energy Project Development Portal Overview
Policies & Regulations
There is a patchwork of federal, state, and local policies and regulations pertaining to renewable energy systems that impact your project development. It is important to understand the policy landscape early in your development process.
- State Solar Renewable Energy Certificate Markets - Learn about which states have solar renewable energy certificate (SREC) markets and how they may influence your project.
- Solar Interconnection Standards & Policies - Systems that connect to the electric grid are often affected by state and local interconnection standards.
- Understanding Electricity Market Frameworks & Policies - Understand market structures and how they may impact your project development.
Project Economics & Evaluation
Prior to moving forward with a project, it is crucial to evaluate the project’s feasibility and economics.
Conducting Site and Economic Renewable Energy Project Feasibility Assessments - Learn about some of the tools and resources available to help you take the initial steps in evaluating a project.
Requests for Proposals & Contracts
A working understanding of contract development best practices and access to standardized solar contract templates and request for proposals (RFPs) will help reduce the time and cost associated with this process.
Renewable Energy Contract Development Best Practices - Explore resources to help your organization effectively navigate the solar contract development process with the goal of RFP and contract transparency, completeness, and accountability of all involved parties.
There are a variety of financing options and strategies that organizations can pursue to facilitate their renewable energy project’s deployment. It is necessary to understand and evaluate the different financing structures that are available to determine the most appropriate strategy.
- Understanding Third-Party Ownership Financing Structures for Renewable Energy - Learn more about this well-established financing model and how you can use it.
- Renewable Energy Certificate Monetization - How your organization can take advantage of selling the RECs that are associated with your project.
Project Development Process
Most renewable energy projects follow similar trajectories from a project's conception to its completion. Therefore, it is beneficial to learn how other projects have successfully come to fruition.
Internal Stakeholder Engagement - Consider the critical and challenging steps of garnering internal stakeholder buy-in within the renewable energy development process.
Making Environmental Claims
The types of renewable energy use and carbon footprint reduction claims you can legitimately make are dependent upon ownership of the RECs associated with your renewable energy project’s electricity output.
Solar Power Use Claims Guidance - View the Green Power Partnership’s guidance on what claims you can and cannot make depending on your solar array’s contractual arrangements.