Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Undergraduate Fellowships
The EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Undergraduate Fellowship Program selected the final cohort of GRO fellows in 2015. There are no new GRO opportunities at this time.
The EPA GRO Fellowship program has empowered hundreds of students from diverse backgrounds and interested to pursue their passion in environmental sciences and environmental related fields.
EPA stays committed to undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education and the development of future environmental workforce. EPA continues its commitment through the P3 - People, Prosperity and Planet - Program. P3 is a unique college competition for designing solutions for a sustainable future. Undergraduate students are encouraged to pursue the following resources for potential fellowship and internship opportunities.
- ORISE Internship/Research Participation Programs at EPA https://orise.orau.gov/epa/
- Federal Opportunities for Undergraduate Students STEMUndergrads.science.gov
- EPA P3 Program https://www.epa.gov/P3
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.Please read about GRO 30th Anniversary Handbook (PDF)(86 pp, 27 MB, 2/10/2017)
The following information is provided for background and historical information.
Until 2015, EPA offered GRO Undergraduate Fellowships for bachelor level students in environmentally related fields of study. By enhancing and supporting environmental education for undergraduate students, GRO Fellowships have provided new environmental research in the physical, biological, health and social sciences, as well as in engineering.
Eligible students received support for their last two years of undergraduate study and an internship at an EPA facility during the summer of their junior year
GRO fellows participated in a 12-week long summer internship program. The internship offered students the opportunity to work at an EPA research laboratory or facility to enhance their undergraduate educational experience and gain valuable professional training.
- GRO 30th Anniversary Handbook (PDF) (86 pp, 27 MB, 2/10/2017)
- GRO Forum 2008 Issue 1 (PDF)(2 pp, 1 MB, 2/8/2017)
- GRO Forum 2008 Issue 2 (PDF)(4 pp, 1 MB, 11/11/2008)
- GRO Forum 2009 Issue 1 (PDF)(2 pp, 7 MB, 4/20/2009)
- GRO Forum 2009 Issue 2 (PDF)(2 pp, 9 MB, 11/20/2009)
- GRO Forum 2010 Issue 1 (PDF)(4 pp, 2 MB, 4/16/2010)
- GRO Forum 2010 Issue 2 (PDF)(4 pp, 1 MB, 10/26/2010)
- GRO Forum 2011 Issue 1 (PDF)(4 pp, 5 MB, 05/20/2011)
- GRO Forum 2011 Issue 2 (PDF)(4 pp, 2 MB, 11/22/2011)
- GRO Forum 2012 Issue 1-2 (PDF)(4 pp, 4 MB, 7/26/2012)
- GRO Forum 2013 Issue 1 (PDF)(4 pp, 2 MB, 2/26/2013)
- GRO Forum 2013 Issue 2 (PDF)(4 pp, 2 MB, 11/8/2013)
- GRO Forum 2014 Issue 1 (PDF)(4 pp, 1 MB, 9/12/2014)
- GRO Forum 2014 Issue 2 (PDF)(2 pp, 11 MB, 12/16/2014)
- GRO Forum 2015 Issue 1 (PDF)(4 pp, 12 MB, 10/16/2015)
- GRO Forum 2015 Issue 2 (PDF)(4 pp, 10 MB, 11/18/2015)
- GRO Forum 2016 Issue 1 (PDF)(4 pp, 10 MB, 10/19/2016)
- GRO Forum 2016 Issue 2 (PDF)(4 pp, 14 MB, 10/19/2016)
EPA stays committed to STEM education and the development of future environmental workforce.