Fair Share Objectives/Goals for Minority Business Enterprises and Women's Business Enterprises
In an effort to ensure that Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) receive a "fair share" of procurement opportunities funded by EPA financial assistance agreements, it is required that all financial assistance recipients negotiate objectives/goals for MBE/WBE utilization.
What are Fair Share Objectives/Goals?
A fair share objective is a goal based on the capacity and availability of qualified, certified MBEs and WBEs in the relevant geographic market for the grant recipient in the procurement categories of construction, equipment, services, and supplies... compared to the number of all qualified entities in the same market for the same procurement categories.
- A fair share objective is not a quota.
- A recipient cannot be penalized for not meeting its fair share objectives.
- Once negotiated, fair share objectives remain in place for three years.
What are the Current Fair Share Objectives/Goals for my Area?
Current fair share objectives/goals can be found by clicking the appropriate EPA region below:
- Region 1 (PDF) (1 pg, 9K, About PDF)
- Region 2 (PDF) (1 pg, 17K, About PDF)
- Region 3 (PDF) (3 pp, 39K, About PDF)
- Region 4 (PDF) (2 pp, 16K, About PDF)
- Region 5 (PDF) (1 pp, 23K, About PDF)
- Region 6 (PDF) (2 pg, 19K, About PDF)
- Region 7 (PDF) (1 pg, 19K, About PDF)
- Region 8 (PDF) (1 pg, 20K, About PDF)
- Region 9 (PDF) (2 pp, 22K, About PDF)
- Region 10 (PDF)(2 pp, 18K, About PDF)