Jenna Hartley is a part-time ORISE Participant (Oak Ridge Institute for Science & Education) with the EPA’s EnviroAtlas team. She helped to develop multiple classroom-ready materials based on the EnviroAtlas tool for grades K-16 and she loves to demonstrate them to students and teachers across the country. Jenna recently received her NC Environmental Education certification.
Jenna is also currently a PhD student in the Parks, Recreation, & Tourism Management department at North Carolina State University. Her research there centers on environmental education.
As both a social and environmental scientist, Jenna thinks about how people can be both the cause of and the solution to many environmental challenges. As a former classroom teacher for almost a decade, she is particularly interested in the roles that young people play in creating solutions.
Jenna loves working with teachers and students to learn about how the EnviroAtlas materials can complement classroom learning by blending state of the science technology, hands-on activities, and engagement with nature.
Teaching with Technology: An Educator Training on using EnviroAtlas
- The Speakers Bureau is available for scheduling presentations only. For questions about EPA Research, visit Contact Us About EPA Research. For general questions about EPA, visit Contact EPA.
- Travel is limited to approximately 50 miles from Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) area. All travel is up to the discretion of the speaker.
- There is no charge for a speaker.
- Submit requests at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Requests limited to two speakers per event.
- If you have a large event and would like to request multiple speakers from EPA, Contact the Speakers Bureau for assistance.
If you need to cancel or reschedule please contact the speakers as soon as possible but no later than 1 week prior to the presentation.