Protecting Human Health in a Changing Environment: 2018 Summer Enrichment Program
EPA in Research Triangle Park, NC is offering a free 1-week summer enrichment program to educate high school students about how EPA protects human health and the environment. The program will include hands-on experiences, tours of campus facilities, and case studies in air quality and sustainability. Participants will be exposed to the many EPA careers available in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields as well as other careers and cutting edge research that serve to support EPA’s mission of protecting human health and the environment.
Date and Time
Monday, June 11 - Thursday, June 14, 2018 | 9am - 4pm daily
Optional leadership session on Friday, June 15.
U.S. EPA Research Triangle Park Campus
109 T.W. Alexander Drive
Durham, NC 27709
- Rising 11th and 12th graders are eligible to apply.
- Participation is limited to 25 students. Applications accepted on a space-available basis.
- There is no cost to attend, but participants must provide their own transportation and meals.
- Students must commit to attending Monday-Thursday of the program. Attendance on Friday is optional.
- All visitors must show a valid photo ID daily when entering the EPA campus.
How to Apply
- Students: Email Kelly Witter (email@example.com) or Lauren Bamford (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your completed student application. Submit as a .doc file saved as “your last name_your first name” and include your name in subject line. You will receive an email to confirm receipt of your application within 5 days. Please email Kelly or Lauren if you have not received a confirmation email.
- Teachers: Fill out the recommendation form for your student and send directly to Kelly Witter (email@example.com) or Lauren Bamford (firstname.lastname@example.org). Completed evaluations can be submitted by email, fax, or mail. If emailing your evaluation, submit as a .doc file saved as “student last name_recommendation” and include student name in subject line.
MAIL: Kelly Witter/Lauren Bamford, U.S. EPA, Mail Code MD D305-01, RTP, NC 27711
Application & Teacher Recommendation Forms
Please submit both of the following forms to be considered for the program.