Notice of Proposed Information Collection Request Regarding Clean Water Act Hazardous Substances and Spill Impacts
On September 21, 2017, EPA published a request for public comment on a proposed information collection request (ICR) (82 FR 44178 (3 pp, 195 K, About PDF)). The proposed ICR, “Survey on Clean Water Act (CWA) Hazardous Substance and Spill Impacts,” is a voluntary survey to be sent to states, tribes, and territories of the United States. The proposed ICR will request information on:
- number and type of EPCRA Tier II facilities with CWA hazardous substances onsite,
- historical discharges of CWA hazardous substances,
- ecological and human health impacts of those discharges, and
- existing state and tribal programs that address spill prevention of hazardous substances.
The information collected will help determine the facilities that could be subject to spill prevention regulations for hazardous substances listed at 40 CFR Part 116. It will also help:
- inform the rulemaking process,
- identify affected entities,
- evaluate potential regulatory approaches, and
- estimate economic impacts.
Comments on the proposed ICR must be submitted on or before November 20, 2017.