Webinars about Healthy School Environments
A "webinar" is an online training or presentation that you can "attend" as it happens or view pre-recorded versions. These webinars support healthy school environments, and feature experts from EPA as well as other federal and non-federal programs. Upcoming webinar times are generally Eastern Time but may vary.
June 13, 2018 - 1:00-2:00 EDT: Watch Green, Clean and Healthy: Effective Cleaning and Preventive Maintenance for Healthier Schools to assess your current green cleaning practices and identify areas needing improvement.
On Demand Webinars:
Watch EPA's Making the Connection: Linking IAQ, Energy Efficiency and Preventive Maintenance Together for Healthy Schools to learn about the critical connection between IAQ, energy efficiency and preventative maintenance, and the importance of properly integrating them for optimal occupant health and building performance.
Watch EPA's IAQ Knowledge-to-Action Professional Training Webinar Series to learn about implementing a successful organizational and programmatic framework for comprehensive and proactive IAQ management.
June 2, 2017: Green Cleaning for Improved Health: The Return on Investment of Green Cleaning in Schools. EPA’s Tracy Enger presents this first-ever panel discussion to focus on women in green cleaning. What unique challenges face women in the cleaning industry? How can women mentor and support each other to help grow the green cleaning movement? Together, the panelists look at these questions—and more—in this important discussion.
November 10, 2015: Writing an IPM Policy for your School District details the development, approval and implementation of a school IPM policy, including a review of the purpose, goals and components of a well-constructed policy.
September 21, 2015: How to Conduct a Pest Assessment at Your School helps school districts adopt a proactive approach to pest control by offering information on Integrated Pest Management. Information is geared specifically to the school community - facility managers, buildings and grounds managers and staff, nurses, adminstrators, and IPM coordinators.
- May 17, 2018: Clean Air in the Classroom: Improve Air Quality and Extend HVAC and Equipment Life Through Preventive Maintenance
- May 10, 2018: Using the Air Quality Flag Program at Schools: Protecting Health and Raising Awareness about Air Quality
- May 14, 2015: IAQ and Health: Managing Asthma for Improved Health and Academic Outcomes
- Apr. 16, 2015: Smart, Sensible and Sustainable Pest Management in Your School
- Mar. 12, 2015: Indoor Air Quality Plus Energy Efficiency: A Formula for Saving Money While Protecting Health
- Feb. 12, 2015: Mold and Moisture: Double Trouble for Schools
- Jan. 22, 2015: Fresh Air: Optimal HVAC Management for Improved IAQ and Health
- Dec. 11, 2014: Making the Case for Environmental Health, Academic Performance and High-Performing Facilities
- Apr. 30, 2014: Creating Healthy Indoor Environments in Schools: The Knowledge Network and Actions you Need
- Jan.-June, 2014: USDA Farm to School Webinar Series
- Feb. 27, 2014: CDC Key Findings on School Indoor Environments
- Sept. 24, 2013: EPA's Back-to-School Webinar: Managing Asthma in Schools
- Aug. 7, 2013: Mold and Moisture: Double Trouble for Schools
- May 21, 2013: School Environmental Health Assessment and Team Building
- May 8, 2013: School Siting: Understanding the Challenges and Opportunities for Communities and Decision-Makers