EPA Smart Growth Grants and Other Funding
On this page
The Office of Sustainable Communities occasionally offers grants to support activities that improve the quality of development and protect human health and the environment. If you see a grant for which you wish to apply:
- Read the Request for Proposals (RFP) carefully to determine what activities or projects are eligible.
- If you are not familiar with the EPA's smart growth program, review our Web pages to learn about what we do.
- Submit your proposal according to the instructions in the RFP.
- You can set up an email alert on Grants.gov to be notified automatically when a grant featuring a search term, such as "smart growth," is posted.
- See EPA's web page on Understanding, Managing, and Applying for EPA Grants for helpful tips on writing a grant proposal and policies and regulations covering grants.
- We accept grant proposals only for open solicitations.
Requests for Grant Proposals
There are no requests for proposals at this time.
In addition to grants, EPA's Smart Growth Program sometimes offers technical assistance to communities.
- Learn about our technical assistance programs.
- Find recent announcements on our home page.
- Subscribe to our listserv by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Funding Resources
EPA has compiled lists of other funding resources for tribal, state, and local governments; communities; and non-governmental organizations that are seeking funding to address various aspects of smart growth.
- Other smart growth national funding opportunities
- Regional, state, and local opportunities for funding smart growth projects