Smart Growth Criteria Matrix (undated) is a project-specific assessment tool developed by the Mobile, Alabama, planning department to rate development projects according to the smart growth criteria the city adopted in 2003. Developers in any community could use this tool to help create proposals, and city staff could use the tool to assess proposals.
- Issue categories:
- Located in desired development zone
- Located in focused public improvement area
- Located in existing community
- Mixed use
- Residential use
- Commercial use
- Transit proximity
- Ped/bike use
- Open space
- Number of questions: 56
- Scale of each rated component: Varies, weighted 0 to 5
- Summary score: Yes
See more scorecards to help evaluate municipal-level policies, specific projects, and community components on EPA's Smart Growth Scorecards page.You may need a PDF reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Smart Growth Criteria Matrix (PDF)(8 pp, 22 K)