The Smart Growth Development Checklist (2004) is an assessment tool for proposed development projects. New Westminster, British Columbia, developed this tool by adapting New Jersey Future's scorecard for proposed developments. The scorecard lets developers have useful discussions with city staff about proposed developments. Communities interested in adapting a scorecard to their own needs could compare this scorecard to the original New Jersey Future one to see how New Westminster changed it.
- Issue categories:
- Housing choice
- Efficient use of public funds
- Protection of open space and natural areas
- Shorter commutes and more transportation choices
- Number of questions: 29
- Scale of each rated component: Yes or No
- Summary score: No
See more scorecards to help evaluate municipal-level policies, specific projects, and community components on EPA's Smart Growth Scorecards page.You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Smart Growth Development Checklist (PDF)(8 pp, 49 K)