Smart Growth Partnerships
EPA partners with federal and regional agencies and nonprofit organizations to help communities identify and use smart growth approaches.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Partnership – EPA and FEMA partnership to help communities prepare for and recover from natural disasters in safer, healthier, and more resilient ways.
- Local Foods, Local Places – EPA, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Transportation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Appalachian Regional Commission, and Delta Regional Authority partnership to help communities develop and implement action plans promoting local food enterprises and downtown revitalization.
- Making a Visible Difference in Communities – In more than 50 environmentally overburdened, underserved, and economically distressed communities, EPA is listening to community leaders and residents to understand their needs and then working with local, state, and other federal partners to use our collective resources more efficiently and effectively to support local goals.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Partnership – EPA and NOAA partnership to improve the quality of development in coastal communities.
- Smart Growth Network – Partnership of more than 40 national organizations that promote smart growth and offer resources to help communities.