Vehicle Emissions Inspection and Maintenance (I/M): Remote Testing
Vehicle Clean Screening / Vehicle Profiling & Remote Sensing Device (RSD) Issues
You will need Free Viewers and Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Remote Sensing & Clean Screening in Inspection and Maintenance Programs (PDF) (4 pp, 16 K, EPA420-F-98-023, May 1998)
- Remote Sensing: Emerging Technology for Vehicle Emissions Control (PDF) (5 pp, 29 K, EPA400-F-92-017, Aug 1993) | Table
- October 1998 report: Analysis of a Remote Sensing Clean Screen Program in Arizona
This is an analysis of RSD and IM240 data collected by the state of Arizona in its Phoenix RSD program. The report was done by Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories/DOE under an Interagency Agreement with EPA.
- October 1998 Draft Radian Report Updating Vehicle Profiling Credits
- May 1998 Interim Vehicle Clean Screening Credit Utility
- Fact Sheet: Clean Screening in Inspection and Maintenance Programs (PDF) (4 pp, 26 K, EPA420-F98-023, May 1998)
- Program User Guide (PDF) (42 pp, 169 K, EPA420-P-98-007, May 1998)
- Description & Documentation (PDF)(45 pp, 267 K, EPA420-P-98-008, May 1998)
- Utility EXE(595 K) and Utility EXE & source code (ZIP)(462 K)
- February 19, 1998, memo from dKC & Radian International on Description of the High and Low Emitter Profile Models
- January 5, 1998, Greeley Remote Sensing Pilot Program Final Report, Colorado Department of Health and Environment
Note: these electronic versions do not contain the figures or appendices.
- January 27, 1998, the Colorado Enhanced I/M Program 0.5% Sample Annual Report by Remote Sensing Technologies, Inc.
- September 1996, Remote Sensing I/M Credit Utility - to estimate additional credits for a remote sensing program alone or in conjunction with an existing I/M program