Superfund: Contaminated Sediments Technical Advisory Group (CSTAG)
The Contaminated Sediments Technical Advisory Group (CSTAG) is a technical advisory group established to monitor and provide advice at a small number of large, complex or controversial contaminated sediment Superfund sites.
- To help RPMs and OSCs appropriately investigate and manage these sites in accordance with the 11 principles for managing contaminated sediments risks.
- To encourage national consistency in the management of sediment sites by providing a forum for exchange of technical and policy information.
- To provide a mechanism for monitoring and evaluating the progress at a number of the largest or most complex contaminated sediment sites.
- CSTAG Operating Procedures
- List of CSTAG Sites
- Principles for Managing Contaminated Sediment Risks at Hazardous Waste Sites (PDF)(11 pp, 70 K, About PDF)
OSWER Directive 9285.6-08