Endorsers of the Food Recovery Challenge
On this page
Endorsers of the Food Recovery Challenge (FRC) are organizations that do not generate wasted food, but can provide resources to others to reduce their generation of wasted food. Endorsers may include, but are not limited to, local and state government agencies, religious organizations, trade associations, businesses, waste management facilities, nonprofit organizations, and individuals.
- on EPA’s website. Public recognition as FRC endorser
- Technical support and assistance in the forms of online tools and resources and contact with a local EPA representative for help in your area.
- Free access to online reporting and the Sustainable Materials Management (SMM) Data Management System Exit.
- Opportunity to compete for recognition and awards - EPA recognizes Food Recovery Challenge endorsers for promoting the reduction of food waste, helping communities and recruiting others into the Challenge through our narrative award process.
- SMM Data Management System Exit and complete the Endorser Agreement. Set up your account in the
- Determine first year goals for outreach activities.
- Outreach activities can include, but are not limited to newsletters, presentations, meetings, and social media -- all with the aim of educating grocers, colleges, universities and venues about the importance of sustainable food management and influencing them to join the EPA’s Food Recovery Challenge.
- Another form of outreach is recruiting participants for the FRC. You help others learn why preventing and reducing wasted food makes good business sense and how preventing and reducing wasted food helps the environment. You can also connect participants to ongoing FRC resources, participant success stories, and expertise on reducing wasted food.
- Document and share your annual outreach activities (by the designated deadline of each year).