2016 Preliminary Dataset: Basic Data Files
Each Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Program Basic Downloadable Data File contains the 100 most requested data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A. The data in these files are presented in .csv (comma-separated value) file format.
Note that the complete 2016 TRI dataset is now available. This dataset will be the basis for the 2016 TRI National Analysis, planned for publication in January 2018.
Note: Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams; all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
- Facility name, address, latitude & longitude coordinates, and industry sector (SIC or NAICS) codes
- Chemical identification and classification information
- On-site release quantities
- Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) transfer quantities
- Off-site transfer quantities for release/disposal and further waste management
- Summary pollution prevention quantities (Section 8 of the Reporting Form R)
|Click the arrow to select a file|
For more information about using these files, see the TRI Basic Data File Documentation. You may also refer to the 2016 TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions document for complete descriptions of the data fields. For general information about understanding and using TRI data, please see the Factors to Consider guide.