2016 TRI Preliminary Dataset: Basic Plus Files
The Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Basic Plus Data Files include eight file types that collectively contain all of the data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A (except Schedule 1). The eight file types on this page are in tab-delimited .txt format and then compressed into a .zip file.
Note that the dataset is not yet complete. EPA will update the dataset several times in August and September based on information from facilities. EPA plans to publish the complete, quality-checked 2016 dataset in October, followed by the 2016 TRI National Analysis in January 2018.
Note: Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams; all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
- 1: Facility, chemical, releases and other waste management summary information
- 2a: Detailed source reduction activities and methods
- 2b: Detailed on-site waste treatment methods and efficiency
- 3a: Details of off-site transfers
- 3b: Details of transfers to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs)
- 4: Details of facility information
- 5: Additional information on source reduction, recycling and pollution control
- 6: Additional miscellaneous and optional information
|Click the arrow to select a file|
For more information about using these files, see the TRI Basic Plus Data File Documentation. You may also refer to the 2016 TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions document for complete descriptions of the data fields. For general information about understanding and using TRI data, please see the Factors to Consider guide.