2020 TRI Preliminary Dataset: Basic Data Files
Each "Basic" data file accessible from this webpage contains the 100 most-requested data fields from the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Reporting Form R and Form A. The data in these files are presented in .csv (comma-separated value) format.
Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams, while all other chemicals are reported in pounds. For descriptions of each data element and other details about the contents and use of these files, see the TRI Basic Data File Documentation. The TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions document is also a helpful reference.
In each "Basic" data file, you'll find:
- Facility name, address, latitude and longitude coordinates, and industry sector codes
- Chemical identification and classification information
- Quantities of chemicals released on site at the facility
- Quantities of chemicals transferred to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs)
- Quantities of chemicals transferred off site to other locations for release/disposal and further waste management
- Quantities of chemicals managed through disposal, energy recovery, recycling and treatment; non-production-related waste quantities; production/activity ratio
Click the arrow to select a Basic data file , then click