TRI for Communities
The Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) is a starting point for communities to learn about toxic chemicals that industrial facilities are using and releasing into the environment, and whether those facilities are doing anything to prevent pollution.
On this page:
- Find Information about Your Community
- Get the TRI Basics
- Dig Deeper
- TRI Community Engagement Pilot Projects
- Additional Resources for Communities
Between 2012 and 2014, we worked with four communities to test out new approaches to help residents access, use, and understand TRI data. Our goal was to empower community members to work more effectively with local government and industry officials to achieve more environmentally and economically sustainable outcomes.
View a Snapshot of Toxic Releases in Pilot Communities:
See How TRI Can Be Used by Communities
- Toxics Release Inventory Analysis of Community-Scale Pollution Prevention Activities: North Birmingham, Alabama (PDF)
- TRI Community-Scale Mapping Project