List of Substances Reported Under the TSCA Inventory Notification (Active-Inactive) Rule
The Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA), as amended by the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act, requires EPA to designate certain substances as either active or inactive in U.S. commerce. Pursuant to the TSCA Inventory Notifications (Active-Inactive) rule finalized earlier this year, EPA is in an ongoing process of collecting this information from industry. The Agency has posted an updated list of chemical substances that reflects the Notices of Activity (NOAs) reported to EPA through January 5, 2018. EPA intends to update this list approximately once per month.
This list is intended to inform the stakeholder community of the status of reporting to date under the TSCA Inventory Notifications (Active-Inactive) rule. This list is for informational purposes only and does not excuse manufacturers from fulfilling any applicable retrospective reporting requirement under 40 C.F.R. § 710.25(a). Substances identified on this list are not exempt from retrospective reporting by other manufacturers under the rule, unless a manufacturer has obtained a CDX receipt documenting EPA’s receipt of an NOA Form A from another person for the chemical substance, as provided in 40 C.F.R. § 710.25(a). For a list of active substances that are exempt from reporting under the TSCA Inventory Notifications (Active-Inactive) rule, you can download the Exemption List of Active Substances.
On this page:
- Download the List of Substances Reported in a NOA Form A
- Learn how the data is formatted to help you search
Download the List of Substances Reported in a NOA Form A through January 5, 2018
A Microsoft Excel version and a generic comma-delimited "CSV" text version of the List of Substances Reported in a NOA Form A through January 5, 2018 is available for users to download via the links below. If you don't have Microsoft Excel, you can use the CSV file.
- List of Substances Reported in an NOA Form A 012018.xlsx(1 pg, 768 K)
- List of Substances Reported in an NOA Form A 012018.csv(1 pg, 1 MB)
Both the Microsoft Excel file, titled Reported_012018.xlsx, and the CSV version, titled Reported_012018.csv, contain the following chemical substances that were reported in a Notice of Activity Form A under the TSCA Inventory Notifications (Active-Inactive) rule through January 5, 2018:
- Non-confidential chemical substances, as identified by Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) Registry Number and Chemical Abstracts (CA) Index Name; and
- Non-confidential data for confidential chemical substances, as identified by EPA accession number and generic chemical name.
For all files, users may need to adjust formatting, including column widths.
Learn how the data is formatted to help you search
You can perform basic searches or sort the information contained in both the Microsoft Excel and CSV versions of the List of Substances Reported in a NOA Form A through January 5, 2018 in different ways.
- Use a basic "find" search function and type in a part of a chemical name or CAS Registry Number.
- You may be able to do different or more complex searches or sorts -- see your own software help system or your local computer support personnel for additional instructions.
The following data fields are provided for each chemical substance:
|Data||Data Must Be Present?||Multiple Values Possible?|
|CASRN or ACCNO||Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number or EPA Accession Number||N||N|
|ChemName or GenericName||Preferred Chemical Abstract (CA) Index Name or Generic Name *||Y||N|
|Chemical CBI?||Is the Specific Chemical Identity Confidential on the TSCA Inventory?||Y||N|
|* These data can be greater than 256 characters in length.|