Memorandum of Understanding Between the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission and EPA (October 2019)
October 2019 Memorandum of Understanding Between the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC) and EPA.
- Continue long-term improvement in communication between the states and EPA.
- Continue a high-level IOGCC/EPA relationship that is intended to foster environmental protection based on mutual understanding of each other's missions, responsibilities, and authorities.
- Address, through ad hoc, issue-oriented working subgroups, issues that may result from concurrent jurisdiction between the states and EPA.
- Identify issues of concern between the states and EPA that can be addressed in the short and long term.
- Identify and implement mutually beneficial joint activities.
The MOU replaces multiple older MOUs between the IOGCC and EPA.