Alternative integrity assessments are methods for determining whether a tank is structurally sound and free of corrosion holes prior to adding cathodic protection. These are alternative methods because they do not use the traditional method of humans entering the tank and performing an internal inspection.
For assistance with accessibility for the PDFs, please email Sharon Fredericks (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- List of Integrity Assessment Evaluations for Underground Storage Tanks - Third Edition. February 9, 1999
- Guidance on Alternative Integrity Assessment Methods for Steel USTs Prior to Upgrading with Cathodic Protection (PDF)(8 pp, 80 K)
- Alternative Integrity Assessment: New ASTM Standard (PDF)(5 pp, 95 K)
- Checklist of Requirements of Former ASTM ES 40 and Current ASTM G158 (PDF)(11 pp, 107 K)
- Compliance Options for Tank Leak Detection and Integrity Assessment (PDF)(2 pp, 55 K)
- Table of maximum widths and depths of sludge/product allowed (PDF)(1 pg, 14 K)