Compliance Reporting for Light-Duty Passenger Cars and Trucks
Once you have received your certificate of conformity, follow these steps to submit required compliance reports.
STEP 1: Confirm that you have access to EV-CIS.
STEP 2: Update manufacturer information in Engines and Vehicles Compliance Information System (EV-CIS).
To update information, users must have the "Maintain Manufacturer Information" role in EV-CIS. Otherwise, users will only be able to view the information.
Information to Update
- Industry sector(s);
- Contacts and Industry/Compliance Programs;
- Test labs; and
- Notification email addresses (used for EV-CIS's broadcast notifications).
STEP 3: Review all applicable regulations.
Regulations provide requirements for certification and compliance.
Selected Guidance Letters
- Emissions Warranty and Manufacturer Responsibilities under the Clean Air Act (PDF)(4 pp, 120 K, August 24, 2015)
- Changes in Submission Process of Emissions-Related Defect and Recall Reports under 40 CFR Part 85, Subparts S and T (PDF)(1 p, 67 K, August 15, 2016)
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
STEP 4: Prepare compliance reporting materials.
- Data Requirements and Business Rules (XLS)(682 K,
A glossary of data elements for each EV-CIS module including descriptions, characteristics, and rules of each element.
- XML Schema (XSD)(50 K,
XML Schemas validate the formats of the data input into the system.
- Webinar on New EV-CIS Module for Reporting A/C and Off-Cycle GHG Credits (May 2017)
STEP 5: Submit the completed applicable compliance reporting materials in EV-CIS.
Login to EV-CIS through the CDX portal: Central Data Exchange (CDX)
- For more about roles, see: Information about "MyCDX" roles in EV-CIS
Submit the completed applicable compliance reporting materials by the required deadlines.
STEP 6: Confirm that your submission(s) from Step 5 were accepted by EV-CIS.
Within a few minutes of all submissions, the submitter will receive a notification in their CDX inbox indicating whether the submission was accepted or rejected.
To access your CDX inbox, click the "Inbox" link on the left navigation bar of the MyCDX homepage.