Drinking Water and Wastewater Systems Research
Our Nation’s water infrastructure is aging. Municipal water systems are facing challenges in operating, maintaining and renewing the pipes and facilities that treat our water and move it from place to place.
Water infrastructure research at EPA:
- Developing predictive modeling tools for new infrastructure technologies.
- Creating decision support tools that include economic and public health considerations while comparing water infrastructure approaches.
- Exploring innovative techniques to increase water treatment efficiency.
- Ensuring public health protection from distribution and storage system contaminants.
- Determining innovative approaches to monitor and mitigate aging infrastructure.
- Improving designs, reliability, and understanding of green infrastructure effectiveness under region-specific conditions.
- Small Drinking Water and Wastewater Systems Research
- Arsenic Treatment Technology Demonstrations
- Environmental Technology Innovation Clusters
- Water Treatment and Transport Research