Environmental Information for West Virginia
Air in West Virginia
- Approved Air State Implementation Plans in West Virginia - State Implementation Plans (SIPs) for air quality approved by EPA for West Virginia.
- Clean Air Act Permitting in West Virginia
- Fact Sheet on the Clean Power Plan for West Virginia (PDF) (2 pp, 238 K, About PDF)
- Find Local Indoor Air Quality Champions in West Virginia
- Mercury and Air Toxics Standards in West Virginia
- MyAir for West Virginia - MyAir shows many different kinds of air data for West Virginia.
- Near-real-time radiation data from monitors located in West Virginia
- Status of SIP Requirements for Designated Areas in West Virginia - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plans) requirements for designated areas in the state not meeting one of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
- Status of State SIP Infrastructure Requirements for West Virginia> - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plan) submittals and EPA actions on the submittals to meet the SIP infrastructure requirements for each pollutant.
- View Current and Forecast Air Quality Index - Real-time map of today's air quality forecast in Pennsylvania on AirNow.gov.
Air in the Mid-Atlantic
- Clean Air Act Permitting in EPA's Mid-Atlantic Region
- Community Air Monitoring Where You Live in EPA Region 3
- Mid-Atlantic Radon Measurements Map
- Region 3 Radon Zones Map
- Status of Region 3 Title V Operating Permit Programs
- Title V Evaluations in Region 3 - Information about good practices implemented by the state/local agency, areas needing improvement within the state/local program, and ways in which EPA can improve its own oversight role of Title V.
- Title V Operating Permit Public Petition Deadlines - Shows Title V permits submitted to EPA and undergoing EPA’s 45-day review. It also shows dates for the public’s 60-day petition period following EPA’s review.
Water in West Virginia
- Annual Drinking Water Quality Reports for West Virginia - These reports from your water supplier tell you where your water comes from and what’s in it.
- MyWater for West Virginia - MyWater shows many different kinds of water data for West Virginia.
- Nonpoint Source Success Stories: West Virginia
- Stories of Progress in Achieving Healthy Waters in West Virginia
- Surf Your Watershed – West Virginia
- Water Quality Standards Regulations: West Virginia
Water in the Mid-Atlantic
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL
- Climate Ready Estuaries Partner Projects in Region 3
- Find Information about Your Beach
- Fish Advisories Where You Live / Search - Search for fish advisories by entering a state or waterbody name.
- Healthy Watersheds Projects in Region 3
- Impaired Waters and TMDLs in Region 3
- Managing Ocean Dumping in EPA Region 3
- Natural Gas Extraction - Hydraulic Fracturing
- Oil and Gas Extraction in the Mid-Atlantic
- Region 3 Actions to Address Climate Change Impacts on Water
- Restoration of the Chesapeake Bay
- Underground Injection Control in EPA Region 3 (DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, and WV)
Cleanups in West Virginia
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Sites in West Virginia
- Federal Facilities on the National Priorities List (NPL) in West Virginia
- List of all cleanups in West Virginia
- List of Superfund Sites in West Virginia
- Map of all cleanups in West Virginia
- MyLand for West Virginia - MyLand provides links to information about Brownfields, Superfund, Hazardous Waste and Cleanups in West Virginia.
- Sites in Reuse in West Virginia
Cleanups in the Mid-Atlantic
Other in West Virginia
- 2014 TRI Factsheet: State - West Virginia - The Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) tracks the management of certain toxic chemicals that may pose a threat to human health and the environment.
- Agency in West Virginia that regulates pesticides Exit
- Compliance Dashboards for West Virginia. The Dashboards provide an easy-to-use summary of activities to answer questions like: which facilities are regulated, how many have been inspected or otherwise evaluated, and how many have alleged violations and have been subject to enforcement.
- MyClimate for West Virginia - MyClimate shows greenhouse gas emissions by sector and other kinds of climate data for West Virginia.
- MyCommunity for West Virginia - MyCommunity shows local environmental events, green features, shout-outs and other local information for West Virginia.
- MyEnergy for West Virginia - MyEnergy shows energy consumption, production, facilities, information about saving energy, green power and other energy information in West Virginia.
- MyEnvironmentalReports for West Virginia - MyEnvironmentalReports provides links to in-depth environmental reports in West Virginia.
- MyHealth for West Virginia - MyHealth provides health-related information for West Virginia.
- MyMaps for West Virginia - MyMaps provides an online map to show many kinds of environmental data using several different options for West Virginia.
- Profiles of Environmental Education Grants Awarded to Organizations in West Virginia
- West Virginia State Review Framework - The State Review Framework is used to assess EPA and state enforcement of the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- What Climate Change Means for West Virginia (2 pp, 1.7 MB, About PDF) - Fact sheet on climate change in West Virginia.
Other in the Mid-Atlantic
- Envirofacts Multisystem Search - The Envirofacts Multisystem Search allows you to search multiple environmental databases for facility information, including toxic chemical releases, water discharge permit compliance, hazardous waste handling processes, Superfund status, and air emission estimates. You may limit your search to a geographic location such as zip code, city, county or state.
- Environmental Education Grants Awarded in Region 3
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Database - The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Database provides information about EISs prepared by federal agencies, as well as EPA's comments concerning the EISs. You may search for EISs in your state from this page.
- Environmental Justice in Your Community
- Grants for your Region: Information that is specific to EPA Region 3
- MyProperty - MyProperty provides a report on a specific property using its street address from multiple EPA databases.
- Region 3: Children’s Environmental Health in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Surface Coal Mining in Appalachia
- TRI Explorer - The Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) is a resource for learning about toxic chemical releases and pollution prevention activities reported by industrial and federal facilities. You can explore data and search for releases by geographic location.