Good Laboratory Practices Standards
- Good Laboratory Practices
- FIFRA Grants
- Worker Protection Safety
- Pesticide Producing Establishments
- Pesticide Imports and Exports
EPA's Good Laboratory Practice Standards (GLPS) compliance monitoring program ensures the quality and integrity of test data submitted to the Agency in support of a pesticide product registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), section 5 of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and pursuant to testing consent agreements and test rules issued under section 4 of TSCA.
Data obtained through laboratory inspections and data audits is used by the Agency to regulate the use of pesticides and industrial chemicals. Two EPA enforcement policies address the GLPS program:
The GLPS program is administered by the Office of Compliance. A list of inspected facilities is available.
EPA offers several tools to assist companies submitting data under the GLPS.
- GLPS Advisories, which interpret the GLPS regulations
- Standard Operating Procedures that labs should adopt
- A list of the GLPS violations (PDF) (4 pp, 40K, About PDF) most likely to lead to study rejection.
- Question and answers about the program
- 40 CFR part 160 — FIFRA
- 40 CFR part 792 — TSCA