Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 6/18: EPA announces a public Mouse Lung Tumor workshop to take place on October 24-25, 2013.
- 5/3: EPA announced a revised external draft Toxicological Review for Methanol (noncancer)
- 5/1: EPA announced that several scientific workshops will be held this summer/fall.
- 5/1: EPA seeks public input on potential topics and speakers for systematic review workshop(s) tentatively scheduled for summer/fall 2013
- 4/4-5: NRC hosted a Second Inorganic Arsenic Meeting
- 4/2-3: EPA's SAB Chemical Assessment Advisory Committee met to discuss IRIS
- 2/5: EPA announced updates to several chemical schedules in IRISTrack
- 1/30: EPA delivers materials to the National Research Council committee reviewing the IRIS assessment development process
Draft Assessments under External Peer Review
- Methanol (noncancer)- Revised (05/03)
- Trimethylbenzenes (06/26)
- Ammonia (06/01)
- 1,4-Dioxane (Inhalation) (09/09)
- Libby Amphibole Asbestos (08/25)
Recent Final Assessments
- Tetrahydrofuran (02/21)
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (02/17)
- Tetrachloroethylene (Perchloroethylene) (02/10)
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|