All News Releases By Date
COMMENT PERIOD FOR GE/HOUSATONIC RIVER CONSENT DECREE EXTENDED A SECOND TIME
Release Date: 01/18/2000
Contact Information: Peyton Fleming, EPA Press Office (617-918-1008)
BOSTON - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has granted a second 30-day extension to the public comment period for the recently lodged Consent Decree for the General Electric Company facility in Pittsfield. The comment period has been extended to Feb. 23, 2000. The comment period began on Oct. 26, 1999.
In an effort to make the Consent Decree widely available to the public, it is posted on EPA's web site at www.epa.gov/region01/ge. Hard copies of the Consent Decree as well as other materials related to the settlement are available for review at the following locations:
Berkshire County Locations:
- Berkshire County Chamber of Commerce, Pittsfield
- Lenox Public Library, Lenox
- Simon's Rock College of Bard, Great Barrington
- Berkshire County Regional Planning Commission, Pittsfield
- Berkshire Athenaeum Public Library, Pittsfield
- Housatonic Valley Association, 150 Kent Rd., Cornwall Bridge
- Oliver Wolcott Library, 160 South Street, Litchfield
- Kent Library, 32 North Main Street, Kent
- Cornwall Library, Pine Street, Cornwall
- Bryan Olson U.S. EPA, One Congress St. (HBT), Boston MA 02114
- Assistant Attorney General, Environment and Natural Resources Division, U.S. Department of Justice, P.O. Box 7611, Ben Franklin Station, Washington, DC 20044. Include: DJ #: 90-11-3-1479, 90-11-3-1479Z.
Search this collection of releases | or search all news releases
View selected historical press releases from 1970 to 1998 in the EPA History website.