All News Releases By Date
EPA seeks public input on presidential order to review federal regulations
Release Date: 03/10/2011
Contact Information: Bill Dunbar, (206) 553-1019, email@example.com
(Seattle - Mar. 10, 2011) — On Wednesday, March 16 in Seattle, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will host a public webinar for citizens to learn more about and provide input on EPA’s retrospective review of regulations. The webinar is part of the agency’s response to President Obama’s January 18, 2011 Executive Order 13563, “Improving Regulation and Regulatory Review.”
DATE: Wednesday, March 16, 2011
TIME: 2:00 - 3:00 P.M., PDT
Space on the webinar is limited. Please register online in advance.
You can listen via your computer speakers, or you can dial in on the phone. To join by phone, dial:
Toll: +1 (773) 945-1011
Then Enter Access Code: 304-852-943
Executive Order 13563 directs each federal agency to pursue retrospective analysis of rules that may be outmoded, ineffective, insufficient, or excessively burdensome. The Executive Order calls on every agency to develop a preliminary plan, consistent with law, resources and regulatory priorities, under which the agency will periodically review its existing significant regulations. The goal is to determine whether such regulations should be modified, streamlined, expanded or repealed to make the agency’s regulatory program more effective and or less burdensome in achieving its objectives.
To send comments and input directly through Region 10, please send an e-mail to R10improvingregulations@epa.gov, by Sunday, March 20, 2011. More information on listening sessions, periodic retrospective review and instructions for submitting written comments can be found at:https://www.epa.gov/improvingregulations/.
Comments must be received on or before March 20, 2011. Comments may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- E-mail: Comments may be sent directly to Region 10 by electronic mail (e-mail) to R10improvingregulations@epa.gov,
- E-mail: Comments may be sent to Headquarters by electronic mail (e-mail) to ImprovingRegulations.SuggestionBox@epa.gov
- Website: https://www.epa.gov/improvingregulations/
- Fax: Fax your comments to: 202-566-9744,
- Mail: Send your comments to: Improving Regulations Docket, Environmental Protection Agency, EPA Docket Center, Mail code: 2822T, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20460,
- Hand delivery or courier: Deliver your comments to: Improving Regulations Docket, EPA/DC, EPA West, Room 3334, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, DC. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Docket’s normal hours of operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Search this collection of releases | or search all news releases
View selected historical press releases from 1970 to 1998 in the EPA History website.