News Releases from Region 01
EPA Honors New Englands 2015 Energy Star Partners of the Year
BOSTON - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) are honoring 130 organizations nationwide for their commitment to protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency. The nine recipients of the 2015 Energy Star Partner of the Year Award in New England include Beacon Capital Partners, Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, Inc. (NEEP), Raytheon Company, Staples, Inc., The United Illuminating Company, Efficiency Vermont, New Hampshire Energy Efficiency Team, National Grid, and the Lighting Product Sponsors of Mass Save.
"This year's Energy Star Partner of the Year Award winners demonstrate leadership and innovation that help their customers, partners, and stakeholders save energy while remaining competitive in today's economy," said EPA Region 1 Administrator Curt Spalding "These companies are to be congratulated for their commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and protecting our climate."
"Energy Star Partner of the Year Award winners are delivering advanced energy efficiency solutions that help American families and businesses save money by saving energy," said Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz. "Their efforts play an important role in protecting the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, while also moving our nation closer to a clean energy future."
The winners were selected from 16,000 Energy Star partners, including manufacturers, retailers, public schools, hospitals, real estate companies, and home builders, for their dedication to protecting the environment through greater energy efficiency.
Organizations in New England are recognized in the following categories:
Partner of the Year--Sustained Excellence: Sustained Excellence winners continue to exhibit exceptional leadership year after year in the Energy Star program while remaining dedicated to environmental protection through superior energy efficiency. Sustained Excellence winners in New England include:
- Beacon Capital Partners, LLC, Boston, MA,
- Raytheon Company, Waltham, MA,
- Staples, Inc., Framingham, MA,
- New Hampshire Energy Efficiency Team including Eversource; Liberty Utilities; New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, Inc.; and Unitil Energy Systems, Inc.
- Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, Inc. (NEEP), including Cape Light Compact, National Grid (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New York), Eversource MA, NHSaves (Liberty Utilities, Unitil, Eversource NH, New Hampshire Electric Co-op), Efficiency Vermont, Energize Connecticut (Eversource CT Electric and the United Illuminating Company), Connecticut Municipal Electrical Energy Cooperative, PSEG Long Island, New York State Energy Research Development Authority, and the DC Sustainable Energy Utility.
Partner of the Year-Excellence: Excellence Awards are earned for specific activities to promote energy-efficient products, homes, or buildings.
Excellence in Energy Star Promotion award winners in New England include:
- The United Illuminating Company, Orange, CT, and
- NGRID, Waltham, MA
Excellence in Energy Star Program Delivery was awarded to:
- Efficiency Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, and
- The Lighting Product Sponsors of Mass Save including Cape Light Compact, National Grid, NSTAR, Unitil, and Western Massachusetts Electric Company.
Products, homes and buildings that earn the Energy Star label prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency requirements set by the U.S. EPA. From the first Energy Star qualified computer in 1992, the Energy Star label can now be found on products in more than 70 different categories, with more than 4.5 billion sold. Over 1.5 million new homes and 23,000 office buildings, schools and hospitals have earned the Energy Star label. Since the Energy Star program began, American families and businesses have saved $297 billion on utility bills and prevented more than 2.1 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
Complete list of winners: www.energystar.gov/awards