Planning, Budget, and Results
EPA’s planning, budget, and results activities enable EPA to carry out its mission through:
- coordinating EPA planning efforts and preparing EPA’s Strategic Plan;
- developing and managing EPA’s budget; and
- reporting on EPA’s financial and performance results.
EPA's Planning, Budget, and Results Cycle
- EPA's planning, budget, and results activities are managed in a continuous cycle.
- Multi-year strategic plans form the basis for annual plans, and we report accomplishments based on the goals set in strategic and annual plans.
- In any given year, EPA is managing the current year's budget and performance activities, planning for the next year's activities, and reporting to the President, Congress, and the American public on the prior year's achievements and challenges.