EPA's Office of Inspector General
Fiscal Year 2023 Oversight Plan & News Release
The EPA OIG’s guide for the audits, evaluations, and other oversight engagements that fulfill our mission.
EPA’s Fiscal Year 2023 Top Management Challenges
The OIG identified eight top management challenges for the EPA for fiscal year 2023.
The EPA's Office of Inspector General receives complaints of fraud, waste, and abuse in EPA programs. View the new Hotline poster or listen to the OIG Hotline podcast for more information.
Watch this Video Overview of Whistleblower Protections, read this year's IG Message commemorating Whistleblower Appreciation Day or learn more about Whistleblower Protection.
- Cash Awards Program for the Disclosure of Fraud, Waste, or Mismanagement
- Report: The CSB Is at Increased Risk of Losing Significant Data as Vulnerabilities Are Not Identified and Remediated Timely
- Report: The EPA Complied with the Payment Integrity Information Act for Fiscal Year 2022
- Report: EPA’s Fiscal Year 2023 Top Management Challenges
- Report: The EPA’s January 2021 PFBS Toxicity Assessment Did Not Uphold the Agency’s Commitments to Scientific Integrity and Information Quality
- Semiannual Report to Congress: October 1, 2022–March 31, 2023
- Report: Management Weaknesses Delayed Response to Flint Water Crisis
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse: Indicators and Examples
- Report: The EPA’s Residential Wood Heater Program Does Not Provide Reasonable Assurance that Heaters Are Properly Tested and Certified Before Reaching Consumers
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Oversight Plan—Year Two
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG on LinkedIn
Environmental Protection Agency | Office of Inspector General
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. (2410T) | Washington, DC 20460 | 202-566-2391
OIG Hotline: 1-888-546-8740.