EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Evaluation of EPA's Consolidation Efforts at Three Laboratory Facilities
- Notification: EPA's Oversight of Synthetic Minor Sources
- Report: Region 4 Quickly Assessed Water Systems After Hurricane Irma but Can Improve Emergency Preparedness
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'EPA's Fiscal Years 2018 and 2017 Consolidated Financial Statements'
- Result of Investigation: [DOJ News Release] Nigerian National Appears On Charges Relating To Computer Hacking Scheme That Targeted Government Employees
- Report: EPA Must Improve Oversight of Notice to the Public on Drinking Water Risks to Better Protect Human Health
- Notification: Notification of Audit: EPA's Safer Choice Program
- Notification: Implementation of EPA's Toxic Substances Control Act Premanufacture Notice Consent Order with DuPont [Chemours]
- Notification: Superfund Site Visits – Verification of the Effectiveness of Institutional Controls
- Report: Risk Assessment Determines that Travel Card Program Merits an Audit Next Year Because Internal Controls Not Adequate
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed