EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report and Podcast: EPA Has Not Reported to Congress on BEACH Act Progress as Statutorily Required or Fully Documented Budget Decisions
- Report: Inconsistencies With EPA Policy Identified in Region 10's Biweekly Pay Cap Waiver Process
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Adherence to Policies, Procedures and Oversight Controls Pertaining to the Administrator's Travel (3rd notification)
- Notification: Evaluation of EPA's Green Chemistry Challenge Awards and Use of Data from the Award Results
- Notification: Audit of Salary Overpayment and Debt Forgiveness Waiver Process
- Notification: Audit of Administratively Determined Positions
- Notification: Audit of Security Categorization for EPA Systems That Handle Hazardous Material Information
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Use of Split and Combined Time-Off and Monetary Awards
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed