EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Job opening at the EPA's Office of Inspector General: Assistant Inspector General for Audit. Closes 5/22. Apply @USAJOBS
- Job opening at the EPA's Office of Inspector General: Assistant Inspector General for Evaluation. Closes 5/22. Apply @USAJOBS
- Report: Further Efforts Needed to Uphold Scientific Integrity Policy at EPA
- Spanish Translation of OIG Report and Podcast Overview: Alerta de gestión - se requieren medidas inmediatas para informar a los ciudadanos que viven cerca de instalaciones que emiten óxido de etileno, sobre los problemas de salud y las medidas para atender esos problemas
- Report: EPA Needs to Conduct Risk Assessments When Designing and Implementing Programs
- Notification: Evaluation of the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014
- Report: EPA Oversight Provided Reasonable Controls to Deter and Minimize Trespassing at the Fort Ord Superfund Site
- Expected Report Issuance: May 2020
- Report: EPA Complied with Improper Payments Legislation, but Internal Controls Need Substantial Improvement to Ensure More Accurate Reporting
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'EPA Did Not Accurately Report Under the Grants Oversight and New Efficiency Act and Needs to Improve Timeliness of Expired Grant Closeouts'
- Learn more about the EPA OIG's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Notification: Evaluation of EPA's Information Systems' Compliance with Federal System Security Plans Requirements (2nd notification)
- Notification: FY 2020 EPA's Compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Fiscal Year 2020 Financial Statements
- Report: EPA's Processing Times for New Source Air Permits in Indian Country Have Improved, but Many Still Exceed Regulatory Time Frames
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español