EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA Should Assess Needs and Implement Management Controls to Ensure Effective Incorporation of Chemical Safety Research Products
- Notification: Evaluation of EPA's Estimation of Methane Emissions From the Oil and Natural Gas Production Sector
- Report: EPA Can Strengthen Its Oversight of Herbicide Resistance With Better Management Controls
- Notification: Audit of EPA’s Contract Invoice Payment Process
- Notification: Evaluation of EPA’s Approval Process for Air Quality Dispersion Models
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter