EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: Audit of the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's Fiscal Years 2018 and 2017 Financial Statements
- Report: EPA's Fiscal Years 2018 and 2017 Consolidated Financial Statements
- Report and Podcast: EPA Unable to Assess the Impact of Hundreds of Unregulated Pollutants in Land-Applied Biosolids on Human Health and the Environment
- Notification: Audit of the CSB's Compliance with Improper Payments Legislation
- Notification: EPA Oversight of the States' Managed Pollinator Protection Plans
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Risk Assessment Process
- Notification: Analysis of EPA Enforcement Results from Fiscal Years 2006 Through 2018
- Notification: Hotline Complaint — Award of Contracts EP-W-18-007 and EP-W-18-008 and Equipment Procurement under EP-W-07-024
- EPA OIG Strategic Plan 2019-2023
- EPA OIG Podcasts: Listen to our staff talk about the EPA OIG’s latest audits and investigations, as well as related topics.
- The EPA OIG Organization Profile reflects organizational performance data including payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines and the potential monetary benefits of our work.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed