EPA's Office of Inspector General
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'EPA Budget Systems Need Improved Oversight of Security Controls Testing'
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'EPA Asserts Statutory Law Enforcement Authority to Protect Its Administrator but Lacks Procedures to Assess Threats and Identify the Proper Level of Protection'
- Semiannual Report to Congress: Oct 1, 2019 – Mar 31, 2020
- Report: Fiscal Years 2018 and 2017 Financial Statements for the Pesticides Reregistration and Expedited Processing Fund
- Notification: EPA's Oversight of Tribal Drinking Water Systems
- Report: EPA Toxic Substances Control Act Consent Orders Need Better Coordination
- Notification: EPA's Initial Implementation of CARES Act Section 3610
- Special Notice: Office of Investigations COVID-19 Response
- Report: Further Efforts Needed to Uphold Scientific Integrity Policy at EPA
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español