EPA's Office of Inspector General
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'EPA Toxic Substances Control Act Consent Orders Need Better Coordination'
- EPA OIG's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Report: EPA Needs to Improve Oversight of How States Implement Air Emissions Regulations for Municipal Solid Waste Landfills
- Report: Internal Quality Assurance Review of EPA OIG Audit Assignments Completed in Fiscal Year 2019
- Notification: EPA's Actions on Final Safer Affordable Fuel-Efficient Vehicles Rule Part 2 Project No. OA&E-FY20-0269
- Notification: Review of Northbridge Environmental Invoices and Work Assignments Performed Under Contract No. EP-C-16-001
- Report: EPA's FYs 2020–2021 Top Management Challenges
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'EPA Not Effectively Implementing the Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule'
- Report: Fiscal Year 2020 U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board Management Challenges
- Notification: EPA's Strategies to Comply with Federal Guidelines for Reopening Facilities Closed Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español