EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Follow-Up Audit of OIG Report No. 17-P-0368, Improved Management of the Brownfields Revolving Loan Program Is Required to Maximize Cleanups, issued August 23, 2017
- Notification: EPA's Process for Awarding, Overseeing, and Monitoring Loans Made Under the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act
- Report: EPA Needs to Improve Processes for Securing Region 8’s Local Area Network
- Report: Fiscal Years 2019 and 2018 Financial Statements for the Pesticides Reregistration and Expedited Processing Fund
- Report: Management Alert: EPA Region 5 Needs to Implement Effective Internal Controls to Strengthen Its Records Management Program
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA Needs to Improve Management and Monitoring of Time-Off Awards'
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA's Office of the Chief Financial Officer Lacks Authority to Make Decisions on Employee-Debt Waiver Requests'
- Update to OIG Report: 'Outdated EPA Leave Manual and Control Weaknesses Caused Irregularities in the Office of Air and Radiation's Timekeeping Practices'
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español