EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA’s 2014 Early-Out and Buyout Activities Aided Workforce Restructuring Goals, and Continued Monitoring of Progress Can Show Value of Restructuring
- DOJ News Release: South Korean Businessman Convicted on Fraud Charges in Scheme to Deceive U.S. Municipalities out of Federal Stimulus Funds
- Report: EPA Has Adequate Controls to Manage Advice From Science and Research Federal Advisory Committees, but Transparency Could Be Improved
- Notification: Fiscal Year 2017 Risk Assessment of EPA's Travel Card Program
- Report: CSB Complied With Improper Payment Legislation Requirements for Fiscal Year 2016
- Notification: Evaluating the Internal Controls for EPA's Vehicle Emissions Testing Program
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter