EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Processes for Managing Background Investigations of Privileged Users and Taking Action to Remediate Weaknesses in Agency's Information Security Program
- Report: Risk for EPA’s Fiscal Year 2016 Purchase Card and Convenience Check Program Warrants an Audit
- Notification: Risk Assessment of the Chemical Safety Board's Purchase Card Usage during Fiscal Year 2016
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Human Resources Shared Service Centers
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter