EPA's Office of Inspector General
- EPA OIG Strategic Plan 2019-2023
- Notification: EPA Enforcement of Toxic Release Inventory Late Reporters
- EPA Update to OIG Report: "Without E-Invoicing and Stronger Payment Process Controls, EPA Is Placing $1.2 Billion at Risk Annually"
- Report: Management Alert - EPA's Incident Tracking System Lacks Required Controls to Protect Personal Information
- Podcast: Investigating a Consumer Fraud Case
- Report and Podcast: EPA Paid $14.5 Million to Foreign Fellows that Could Have Funded Research by U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Report: Collecting Additional Performance Data from States Would Help EPA Better Assess the Effectiveness of Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance Programs
- EPA OIG Podcasts: Listen to our staff talk about the EPA OIG’s latest audits and investigations, as well as related topics.
- The EPA OIG Organization Profile reflects organizational performance data including payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines and the potential monetary benefits of our work.
- Review some of our FAQs and clarify commonly misunderstood terms on the OIG’s Frequently Asked Questions and Terms page.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed