EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Fiscal Year 2019 EPA Travel Card Risk Assessment
- Report: EPA's Fiscal Years 2017 and 2016 Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest System Fund Financial Statements
- Notification: Risk Assessment of EPA's Purchase Cards and Convenience Checks
- Report: Management Alert - Destruction of a Document Used to Certify Security of EPA's Budget Formulation System
- Report: EPA Finalized a Study of the Historical Applications of Coal Ash as Structural Fill
- The EPA OIG Organization Profile reflects organizational performance data including payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines and the potential monetary benefits of our work.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed