EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Assessment of EPA Telework Policies and Tools
- Report: EPA Oversight of Travel Cards Needs to Improve
- Job Opening: Information Technology Specialist (Security). Closes 9/9
- Report: EPA Achieved Scientific Benefits When Using Reimbursable Research Agreements, but Better Estimating of In-Kind Costs Is Needed
- Report: EPA Region 9 Needs to Improve Oversight of San Francisco Bay Water Quality Improvement Fund Grants
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter