EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: Fiscal Year 2020 U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board Management Challenges
- Notification: EPA's Strategies to Comply with Federal Guidelines for Reopening Facilities Closed Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Report: EPA Needs to Improve Oversight of Research Assistance Agreements
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'Actions Needed to Strengthen Controls over the EPA Administrator's and Associated Staff's Travel'
- Report: EPA's Safer Choice Program Would Benefit from Formal Goals and Additional Oversight
- Report: EPA’s Initial Implementation of CARES Act Section 3610
- Visit our organization profile page to see organizational performance data such as payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines, environmental impact and other potential benefits of EPA OIG work.
- Report: EPA Needs to Address Internal Control Deficiencies in the Agencywide Quality System
- Top Pandemic-Related Challenges Facing the EPA
- The Pandemic Response Accountability Committee's Top Challenges Facing Federal Agencies
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español