EPA's Office of Inspector General
- EPA Updates to OIG Report: "EPA Has Not Reported to Congress on BEACH Act Progress as Statutorily Required or Fully Documented Budget Decisions"
- Report about EPA’s Contract Invoice Payment Process expected on August 16, 2018: View the Project Announcement
- Notification: EPA's Indian Country New Source Review Program
- Report: OIG Office of Investigations' Records Demonstrate Compliance with Law Enforcement Availability Pay Requirements
- Notification: EPA's Air Monitoring Response to Hurricane Harvey
- Management Weaknesses Delayed Response to Flint Water Crisis: Report, Video, News Release, Gallery and Podcast
- Review some of our FAQs and clarify commonly misunderstood terms on the OIG’s Frequently Asked Questions and Terms page.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed