EPA's Office of Inspector General
Semiannual Report to Congress: April 1– September 30, 2022
Learn about how the EPA OIG is preventing and detecting fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, and misconduct related to the programs and operations of the EPA and the CSB.
Watch this Video Overview of Whistleblower Protections, read this year's IG Message commemorating Whistleblower Appreciation Day or learn more about Whistleblower Protection.
EPA OIG's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Learn more about the EPA OIG's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Report: The EPA Was Not Transparent About Changes Made to a Long-Chain PFAS Rule After Administrator Signature
- Report: The EPA Needs to Improve the Transparency of Its Cancer-Assessment Process for Pesticides
- Report: Additional Internal Controls Would Improve the EPA’s System for Electronic Disclosure of Environmental Violations
- Notification: Air Quality at U.S. Maritime Ports
- Report: EPA’s Fiscal Year 2022 Top Management Challenges
- Semiannual Reports to Congress
- Report: The EPA Needs to Fully Address the OIG’s 2018 Flint Water Crisis Report Recommendations by Improving Controls, Training, and Risk Assessments
- Semiannual Report to Congress: October 1, 2021–March 31, 2022
- Notification: Cancer Assessment Review for the Pesticide 1,3-Dichloropropene
- Notification: EPA's Oversight of Hazardous Waste at EPA Laboratories
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG on LinkedIn