EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Evaluation of the Effectiveness of EPA's Tribal Pesticide Enforcement Cooperative Agreements
- Notification: EPA's Management of Hurricane Harvey Funding
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Management of Mobile Phones
- Notification: PeoplePlus Efficiency and Effectiveness
- OIG News Release: Arthur A. Elkins Jr. to vacate EPA inspector general position
- Report and Podcast: Delayed Cleanup of Asbestos Debris at the Old Davis Hospital Site Necessitates Changes for EPA Region 4 and North Carolina
- Report and Podcast: EPA Needs to Re-Evaluate Its Compliance Monitoring Priorities for Minimizing Asbestos Risks in Schools
- EPA OIG Podcasts: Listen to our staff talk about the EPA OIG’s latest audits and investigations, as well as related topics.
- The EPA OIG Organization Profile reflects organizational performance data including payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines and the potential monetary benefits of our work.
- Review some of our FAQs and clarify commonly misunderstood terms on the OIG’s Frequently Asked Questions and Terms page.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed