EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report and Podcast: EPA Not Effectively Implementing the Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule
- Notification: EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Reviews
- Notification: Response to Congressional Request Over Concerns with EPA Access to Witness Testimony Prior to Hearing
- Report: Follow-Up Audit - EPA Took Steps to Improve Records Management
- Notification: Audit of Costs Claimed Under Tribal Grants
- Notification: Hotline - EPA Office of Mission Support Controls for Carrying Out Its Responsibility to Develop and Coordinate an Agencywide Quality System
- Notification: EPA's Administration of the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act Program
- Report: EPA's Use of Administratively Determined Positions Is Consistent with Its Authority Under the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed