EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report about EPA Responses to the Harvey, Irma and Maria Hurricanes expected on July 16, 2019: View the Project Announcement
- Report: EPA's Fiscal Year 2019 Management Challenges
- The OIG is accepting comments from current and former members and residents of the Montana community of Anaconda and surrounding areas regarding the U.S. EPA’s communication with residents about sampling results or other health indicators at the Anaconda Superfund Site (Anaconda Co. Smelter) in Anaconda (Deer Lodge Valley) until Wednesday, July 24. Please send emails to OIG.RiskCommunicationTeam@epa.gov with “Anaconda Superfund Site” on the subject line. Comments can also be mailed to: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Inspector General, Attn: OIG Risk Communication Team, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave, N.W., Room 2416, Mail Code: 2460T, Washington, D.C. 20460-0001.
- Notification: EPA's Use of Intergovernmental Personnel Act Assignments
- Report: Fiscal Years 2017 and 2016 (Restated) Financial Statements for the Pesticide Registration Fund
- Report: Fiscal Years 2017 and 2016 (Restated) Financial Statements for the Pesticides Reregistration and Expedited Processing Fund
- Report: EPA Effectively Screens Air Emissions Data from Continuous Monitoring Systems but Could Enhance Verification of System Performance
- Report: Management Alert - Certain Risk Communication Information for Community Not Up to Date for Amphenol/Franklin Power Products Site in Franklin, Indiana
- Notification: Preliminary Research on Border 2020 Program Management Controls
- OIG News Release: Media Advisory - EPA OIG Invites Community To Listening Session (July 10) About Anaconda Superfund Site (Anaconda Co. Smelter) In Anaconda, Montana
- Report: Quality Assurance Review of EPA OIG Audit Assignments Completed in Fiscal Year 2018
- Semiannual Report to Congress: Oct 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
- OIG News Release: EPA OIG issues report on former EPA Administrator’s travel
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed