EPA's Office of Inspector General
- EPA Follow-Up to OIG Report: "EPA Can Better Reduce Risks From Illegal Pesticides by Effectively Identifying Imports for Inspection and Sampling"
- EPA Follow-Up to OIG Report: "EPA Needs to Manage Pesticide Funds More Efficiently"
- EPA Follow-Up to OIG Report: "Management Alert: Controls Failed to Prevent Employee From Receiving Payment in Excess of Statutory Limit"
- EPA Follow-Up to OIG Report: "EPA Has Not Initiated Required Background Investigations for Information Systems Contractor Personnel"
- Notification: Audit of Information System Security Controls for EPA's Budget Systems
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Office of Criminal Enforcement, Forensics and Training's Law Enforcement Availability Pay Reporting
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed