EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report about The Flint Water Crisis expected on July 19, 2018: View the Project Announcement and our Oct 2016 Flint Report
- Report: EPA Complied with the Statement of Federal Financial Accounting Standards No. 47 and Treasury Financial Manual, Part 2, Chapter 4700
- Report: Quality Assurance Review of EPA OIG Reports Issued in Fiscal Year 2017
- Notification: Office of Research and Development Support of and Alignment with Regional Science Programs
- Report: CSB Purchase Card Program at Low Risk for Unauthorized Purchases
- External Peer Review Report on the EPA OIG Audit Organization
- Review some of our FAQs and clarify commonly misunderstood terms on the OIG’s Frequently Asked Questions and Terms page.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed