EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA's Fiscal Years 2019 and 2018 (Restated) Consolidated Financial Statements
- Report: Audit of the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's Fiscal Years 2019 and 2018 Financial Statements
- Report: Management Alert - Unapproved Use of Slag at Anaconda Co. Smelter Superfund Site
- Notification: Analysis of the Chemical Safety Board's reporting of improper payments during fiscal year 2019
- Report expected on November 18, 2019: View the project announcement
- Informe: La region 6 de la EPA evaluó rapidamente la infraestructura hídrica después del huracán Harvey, pero puede mejorarse el alcance de emergencia a las comunidades desfavorecidas (16 de julio de 2019)
- Notification: EPA's Fiscal Year 2019 Compliance with Improper Payments Requirements
- Report: EPA's Fiscal Year 2019 First Quarter Compliance with the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014
- Reply of acting EPA Inspector General to General Counsel Memorandum – Seven Day Letter
- "Seven Day Letter" to Administrator Wheeler: Refusals to Fully Cooperate and Provide Information for Audit and Investigation
- Notification: Effectiveness of EPA's External Civil Rights Compliance Office in Determining Title VI Compliance in Organizations Receiving EPA Clean Air Act Funding
- Report: EPA Budget Systems Need Improved Oversight of Security Controls Testing
- Notification: Effectiveness of Clean Water Act to Protect from Plastic Pollution
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español