EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Job Opening: Human Resources Officer. Closes 12/14.
- Job Opening: Human Resources Specialist. Closes 12/10.
- Investigation Outcome: Palm Beach County Man Sentenced to 150 Months' Imprisonment for Role in Bonding Fraud Scheme
- Report: Status of EPA's Implementation of the DATA Act
- Job Opening: Auditor. Closes 12/07.
- Job Opening: Administrative Program Manager. Closes 12/07.
- Job Opening: Government Information Specialist (FOIA). Closes 12/07.
- Semiannual Report to Congress: April 1, 2016 - September 30, 2016
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter