EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Result of Investigation: [DOJ News Release] Palm Beach County Resident Found Guilty of Defrauding Federal Agencies
- Report: Quality Control Review of EPA OIG Reports Issued in Fiscal Year 2015
- Notification: Fiscal Year 2016 Risk Assessment of EPA's Purchase Card and Convenience Check Program
- Result of Investigation: [DOJ News Release] Former Fultonville Resident Sentenced to 18 Months for Environmental Fraud Scheme
- Report: EPA Regional Offices Need to More Consistently Conduct Required Annual Reviews of Clean Water State Revolving Funds
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter