EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA Needs to Manage Pesticide Funds More Efficiently
- Podcast: Data Analytics
- Report: EPA’s Alternative Dispute Resolution and Public Involvement Contract Needs Better Management
- Report: Management Alert - EPA Should Promptly Reassess Community Risk Screening Tool
- Congressional Testimony: EPA Oversight - Unimplemented Inspector General and GAO Recommendations
- Report: EPA’s Travel Card Program at Low Risk for Unauthorized Purchases
- Podcast: The Darknet
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed