EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: EPA's Processes for Preserving Emails and Text Messages, and Responding to Freedom of Information Act Requests
- Report and Podcast: EPA Did Not Identify Volkswagen Emissions Cheating; Enhanced Controls Now Provide Reasonable Assurance of Fraud Detection
- EPA IG Response to Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works Ranking Member Carper and Sen. Whitehouse
- Notification: EPA Enforcement of Superfund Orders and Agreements
- Notification: Audit of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Compliance With The Federal Information Security Modernization Act
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed