EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Expected Report Issuance: October 2020
- Notification: EPA's Implementation of the Endocrine Disruption Screening Program
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA's Safer Choice Program Would Benefit from Formal Goals and Additional Oversight'
- Notification: EPA's Fiscal Year 2020 Compliance with the Payment Integrity Information Act of 2019 Project No. OA-FY21-0013
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA Complied with Improper Payments Legislation, but Internal Controls Need Substantial Improvement to Ensure More Accurate Reporting'
- Report: Audit of EPA's Toxic Substances Control Act Service Fee Fund Financial Statements for the Period from Inception (June 22, 2016) through September 30, 2018
- Report: Data Used for Annual Toxics Release Inventory National Analysis Are 99 Percent Complete, but EPA Could Improve Certain Data Controls
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español