EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Expected Report Issuance: January 2021
- Update to OIG Report: 'Region 2's Hurricanes Irma and Maria Response Efforts in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands Show the Need for Improved Planning, Communications, and Assistance for Small Drinking Water Systems'
- Update to OIG Report: 'Management Alert - Prompt Action Needed to Inform Residents Living Near Ethylene Oxide-Emitting Facilities About Health Concerns and Actions to Address Those Concerns'
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA's Lack of Oversight Resulted in Serious Issues Related to an Office of Water Contract, Including Potential Misallocation of Funds'
- Notification: EPA's Reporting of Its Financial and Award Data in Accordance with the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA Has Sufficiently Managed Emergency Responses During the Pandemic but Needs to Procure More Supplies and Clarify Guidance'
- Report: Office of Research and Development Initiatives to Address Threats and Risks to Public Health and the Environment from Plastic Pollution Within the Waters of the United States
- Report: EPA's Fiscal Years 2019 and 2018 Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest System Fund Financial Statements
- Report: Evaluation of EPA’s Compliance with the Executive Order 13950 on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping
- Report: Evaluation of CSB’s Compliance with Executive Order 13950 on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping
- Report: EPA Needs to Substantially Improve Oversight of Its Military Leave Processes to Prevent Improper Payments
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA Needs to Improve Oversight of How States Implement Air Emissions Regulations for Municipal Solid Waste Landfills'
- Notification: Follow-Up on Prior OIG Cybersecurity Audit Recommendations
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español