EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Risk Assessment of the CSB's Purchase Card Usage during Fiscal Year 2018
- EPA Update to OIG Report: "Management Alert: EPA's Incident Tracking System Lacks Required Controls to Protect Personal Information"
- Report: U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's Compliance for Fiscal Year 2018 with Improper Payments Legislation and Guidance
- Notification: Accuracy and Reliability of ORD's Strategic Measure 21, "Research Products Meeting Customer Needs"
- Notification: Follow-Up Audit of EPA's Processes for Tracking and Reporting the Status of Role-Based Training for Contractors with Significant Information Security Responsibilities
- Notification: Communication of Human Health Risks Posed by Sites in the Office of Land and Emergency Management's Programs (2nd notification)
- The EPA OIG Organization Profile reflects organizational performance data including payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines and the potential monetary benefits of our work.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed