EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: Management Alert - Salary Increases for Certain Administratively Determined Positions
- Report: EPA Complied With Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Act Requirements
- Notification: Implementation of Executive Order 13771, “Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs”
- Notification: Audit of the EPA's Oversight of Smokestack Emissions Testing and Reporting
- Report: EPA's Safe and Sustainable Water Resources Research Program Is Delivering Timely and Relevant Data to the Office of Water
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed