EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA Complied with Applicable Laws and Rules for the July 2017 Superfund Task Force Report but Could Improve Transparency
- Report: EPA Needs to Improve Oversight of the Senior Environmental Employment Program
- Report: Management Implication Report Concerning the EPA's Process for Certifying that EPA Attorneys Possess an Active Bar Membership
- Report: Pesticide Registration Fee, Vulnerability Mitigation and Database Security Controls for EPA’s FIFRA and PRIA Systems Need Improvement
- Media Advisory - EPA OIG Invites Community To Listening Session About Anaconda Superfund Site (Anaconda Co. Smelter) In Anaconda, Montana
- Notification: Hotline Complaint—EPA Review of the PolyMet Mining Company's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit
- Media Advisory - EPA OIG Invites Community To Listening Session About USS Lead Superfund Site In East Chicago, Indiana
- The OIG is accepting comments from current and former members and residents of the New Hampshire communities of Greenland, North Hampton, Rye, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newington and any surrounding areas regarding the U.S. EPA’s communication with residents about sampling results or other health indicators at the Coakley Landfill Site in North Hampton until Wednesday, June 26. Please send emails to OIG.RiskCommunicationTeam@epa.gov with “Coakley Landfill Site” on the subject line. Comments can also be mailed to: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Inspector General, Attn: OIG Risk Communication Team, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave, N.W., Room 2416, Mail Code: 2460T, Washington, D.C. 20460-0001.
- Notification: FY2019 Audit of the CSB's compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act
- Report: Quality Assurance Review of EPA OIG Audit Assignments Completed in Fiscal Year 2018
- Semiannual Report to Congress: Oct 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
- OIG News Release: EPA OIG issues report on former EPA Administrator’s travel
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed