EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA's Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act Program Needs Additional Internal Controls
- Crow Tribe Public Water Systems Concerns
- Annual Plan for Fiscal Year 2019
- EPA Update to OIG Report: "Management Weaknesses Delayed Response to Flint Water Crisis"
- Semiannual Report: April 1, 2018 - September 30, 2018
- EPA OIG Strategic Plan 2019-2023
- EPA OIG Podcasts: Listen to our staff talk about the EPA OIG’s latest audits and investigations, as well as related topics.
- The EPA OIG Organization Profile reflects organizational performance data including payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines and the potential monetary benefits of our work.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed