EPA's Office of Inspector General
- EPA Follow-Up to OIG Report: "Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission Complied With Most Federal Requirements but Claimed Some Unallowable Costs"
- Report: Fiscal Years 2016 and 2015 Financial Statements for the Pesticide Registration Fund
- Report: Fiscal Years 2016 and 2015 Financial Statements for the Pesticides Reregistration and Expedited Processing Fund
- Report: EPA’s Fiscal Years 2016 and 2015 Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest System Fund Financial Statements
- Report: Early-Outs and Buyouts Aided OIG Workforce Reduction, but Weak Management Controls Led to Misused Authority
- Report: Management Alert - Concerns Over Compliance, Accountability and Consistency Identified With EPA’s Biweekly Pay Cap Waiver Process
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter