EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: Management Controls Needed to Verify and Report Border 2020 Program Accomplishments
- Report: CSB's Information Security Program Is Defined, but Improvements Needed in Risk Management, Identity and Access Management, and Incident Response
- Result of OIG Investigation: DOJ News Release - Man from Tucson, Arizona sentenced to 18 months in prison for sending letters threatening to kill Albuquerque police officers
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Fiscal Year 2019 Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest System Fund Financial Statements
- Notification: Audits of EPA's Fiscal Year 2019 FIFRA and PRIA Financial Statements
- Spanish Translation of OIG Report: La EPA necesita mejorar su planificación ante emergencias para abordar de mejor manera problemas relacionados con la calidad del aire durante futuras catástrofes
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'Management Alert - Unapproved Use of Slag at Anaconda Co. Smelter Superfund Site'
- Expected Report Issuance: January 2020
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español