EPA's Office of Inspector General
- OIG News Release: Media Advisory - EPA OIG Invites Community To Listening Session About Coakley Landfill Site In North Hampton, New Hampshire
- Report: Insufficient Practices for Managing Known Security Weaknesses and System Settings Weaken EPA's Ability to Combat Cyber Threats
- Report: EPA Overpaid Invoices Due to Insufficient Contract Management Controls
- Report: FY 2019 U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board Management Challenges
- Notification: Audit of the EPA's Compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014
- OIG News Release: EPA OIG issues report on former EPA Administrator’s travel
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed