EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA Overpaid Invoices Due to Insufficient Contract Management Controls
- Report: FY 2019 U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board Management Challenges
- Notification: Audit of the EPA's Compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014
- OIG News Release: EPA OIG issues report on former EPA Administrator’s travel
- Report and Podcast: Actions Needed to Strengthen Controls over the EPA Administrator's and Associated Staff's Travel
- Report: EPA Region 5 Needs to Act on Transfer Request and Petition Regarding Ohio's Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation Permit Program
- The OIG is accepting comments from current and former Franklin, Ind., community members regarding the U.S. EPA’s communication with residents about sampling results or other health indicators at the Amphenol/Franklin Power Products site in Franklin until Wednesday, May 22. Please send comments by email to OIG.RiskCommunicationTeam@epa.gov with “Amphenol Site” on the subject line.
- EPA Update to OIG Report: "Improved Data and EPA Oversight Are Needed to Assure Compliance with the Standards for Benzene Content in Gasoline"
- Report: CSB Still Needs to Improve Its 'Incident Response' and 'Identity and Access Management' Information Security Functions
- Report: Corrective Actions and Additional Guidance Have Improved EPA's Fiscal Responsibility over Superfund Interagency Agreements
- The EPA OIG Organization Profile reflects organizational performance data including payroll statistics, ROI, recoveries, fines and the potential monetary benefits of our work.
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed