EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report and Podcast: EPA Telework Program Is Consistent With U.S. Office of Personnel Management Guidance
- Notification: Audit of EPA’s Purchase Card and Convenience Check Program
- Expanded Scope Notification: Audit of EPA’s Adherence to Policies, Procedures and Oversight Controls Pertaining to the Administrator’s Travel
- Notification: Controls Over EPA’s Citizen Science Efforts
- Report: Analysis of Toxics Release Inventory Data Identifies Few Noncompliant Facilities
- Notification: Audit of EPA’s Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act Program
- Podcast: Phishing at the EPA
- Podcast: Victim-Witness Assistance Program
- Report: EPA Can Better Reduce Risks From Illegal Pesticides by Effectively Identifying Imports for Inspection and Sampling
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed