EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report: EPA Has Reduced Its Backlog of State Implementation Plans Submitted Prior to 2013 but Continues to Face Challenges in Taking Timely Final Actions on Submitted Plans
- Notification: EPA Compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act for FY 2021
- Spanish Translation of OIG Report: La EPA debe realizar nuevas revisiones de tecnología y del riesgo residual de las categorías de fuentes que emiten cloropreno y óxido de etileno para proteger la salud humana
- Report: EPA's National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory Has Taken Steps to Mitigate Impact of Coronavirus Pandemic on Mobile Source Emission Compliance
- Update to OIG Report: 'Report: EPA Does Not Always Adhere to Its Established Action Development Process for Rulemaking'
- Semiannual Report to Congress: October 1, 2020-March 31, 2021
- Report and Podcast: EPA Deviated from Typical Procedures in Its 2018 Dicamba Pesticide Registration Decision
- Update to OIG Report: 'Report: EPA Needs to Improve Its Emergency Planning to Better Address Air Quality Concerns During Future Disasters'
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General s a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español