EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: EPA's Registration Decisions for Uses of Dicamba on Dicamba-Tolerant Cotton and Soybean
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'EPA Oversight over Enterprise Customer Service Solution Need Improvement'
- Report: EPA's Compliance Monitoring Activities, Enforcement Actions, and Enforcement Results Generally Declined from Fiscal Years 2006 Through 2018
- Report and Podcast: Management Alert - Prompt Action Needed to Inform Residents Living Near Ethylene Oxide-Emitting Facilities About Health Concerns and Actions to Address Those Concerns
- Report: EPA Did Not Accurately Report Under the Grants Oversight and New Efficiency Act and Needs to Improve Timeliness of Expired Grant Closeouts
- Notification: Status of Clean Air Act State Implementation Plan Submittals and Approvals
- Report: EPA Needs to Improve Its Risk Management and Incident Response Information Security Functions
- Notification: Post-Closure Care at Hazardous Waste Units Closed with Waste in Place (2nd notification)
- Job Opening: Assistant Inspector General for Audit and Evaluation. Closes 4/09. Apply at USAJOBS
- Notification: EPA's Oversight of Special Local Need Registrations Under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'Management Alert - EPA Still Unable to Validate that Contractors Received Role-Based Training for Information Security Protection'
- Annual Plan for the EPA and CSB - FY 2020
- EPA Updated Response to OIG Report: 'Management Alert - EPA Should Promptly Reassess Community Risk Screening Tool '
- Notification: EPA's Compliance with Regulations Concerning Federal Contractors with Tax Debt
- Expected Report Issuance: January 2020
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español