EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Report about Continuous Emissions Monitoring expected on June 27, 2019: View the Project Announcement
- Report about Communication of Human Health Risks expected on June 27, 2019: View the Project Announcement
- Notification: Preliminary Research on Border 2020 Program Management Controls
- Report: EPA Complied with Applicable Laws and Rules for the July 2017 Superfund Task Force Report but Could Improve Transparency
- Report: EPA Needs to Improve Oversight of the Senior Environmental Employment Program
- Report: Management Implication Report Concerning the EPA's Process for Certifying that EPA Attorneys Possess an Active Bar Membership
- Report: Pesticide Registration Fee, Vulnerability Mitigation and Database Security Controls for EPA’s FIFRA and PRIA Systems Need Improvement
- Media Advisory - EPA OIG Invites Community To Listening Session About Anaconda Superfund Site (Anaconda Co. Smelter) In Anaconda, Montana
- Notification: Hotline Complaint—EPA Review of the PolyMet Mining Company's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit
- Media Advisory - EPA OIG Invites Community To Listening Session About USS Lead Superfund Site In East Chicago, Indiana
- Notification: FY2019 Audit of the CSB's compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act
- Report: Quality Assurance Review of EPA OIG Audit Assignments Completed in Fiscal Year 2018
- Semiannual Report to Congress: Oct 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
- OIG News Release: EPA OIG issues report on former EPA Administrator’s travel
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed