EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Revised Project Notification: EPA's Reporting of Its Financial and Award Data in Accordance with the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014
- Notification: Follow-Up Audit of OIG Report No. 16-P-0333, Enhanced Controls Needed to Prevent Further Abuse of Religious Compensatory Time, issued September 27, 2016
- Cancellation of Project: Office of Air and Radiation's National Center for Radiation Field Operations Preparedness
- Notification: Follow-Up Audit of Report No. 18-P-0221, Management Weaknesses Delayed Response to Flint Water Crisis, issued July 19, 2018
- Cancellation of Project: EPA's Administration of the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act Program
- Update to OIG Report: 'Management Alert - Prompt Action Needed to Inform Residents Living Near Ethylene Oxide-Emitting Facilities About Health Concerns and Actions to Address Those Concerns'
- Report: U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's Compliance in Fiscal Year 2020 with Improper Payments Legislation and Guidance
- Notification: Pandemic Impact on Authorized State RCRA Programs
- Notification: Impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic on EPA's Ability to Conduct Laboratory Testing and Assurance Compliance with Mobile Source Emission Standards
- Update to OIG Report: 'Improved EPA Oversight of Funding Recipients' Title VI Programs Could Prevent Discrimination'
- Report: EPA Is at Risk of Not Achieving Special Local Needs Program Goals for Pesticides
- Report: CSB's Information Security Program Is Not Consistently Implemented; Improvements Are Needed to Address Four Weaknesses
- Notification: EPA's Grant Flexibilities Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Spanish Translation of OIG Report: La labor de respuesta a los huracanes Irma y María en la Región 2 demuestra la necesidad en Puerto Rico y las Islas Vírgenes de los EE. UU. de mejorar la planificación, las comunicaciones y la asistencia para los sistemas secundarios de agua potable
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español