EPA's Office of Inspector General
Fiscal Year 2023 Oversight Plan & News Release
The EPA OIG’s guide for the audits, evaluations, and other oversight engagements that fulfill our mission.
EPA’s Fiscal Year 2023 Top Management Challenges
The OIG identified eight top management challenges for the EPA for fiscal year 2023.
The EPA's Office of Inspector General receives complaints of fraud, waste, and abuse in EPA programs. View the new Hotline poster or listen to the OIG Hotline podcast for more information.
Watch this Video Overview of Whistleblower Protections, read this year's IG Message commemorating Whistleblower Appreciation Day or learn more about Whistleblower Protection.
- Report: The EPA Is Not on Track to Reach Its National Compliance Initiative Goals to Stop Aftermarket Defeat Devices and Tampered Vehicles
- Notification of Evaluation: Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Agencies’ Perspectives on Their Capacity to Manage Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Funds
- Semiannual Reports to Congress
- Fiscal Year 2023 Oversight Plan
- Report: EPA’s Fiscal Year 2023 Top Management Challenges
- Notification: Inquiry into Source Water Contamination in St. Charles, Missouri
- EPA OIG Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Oversight
- Podcast Overview of OIG Report: The EPA Is Not on Track to Reach Its National Compliance Initiative Goals to Stop Aftermarket Defeat Devices and Tampered Vehicles
- Notification of Audit: The EPA Payment Integrity Information Act Reporting for Fiscal Year 2022
- Notification: Inquiry into Jackson, Mississippi, Drinking Water Emergency
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG on LinkedIn
Environmental Protection Agency | Office of Inspector General
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. (2410T) | Washington, DC 20460 | 202-566-2391
OIG Hotline: 1-888-546-8740.