EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA Asserts Statutory Law Enforcement Authority to Protect Its Administrator but Lacks Procedures to Assess Threats and Identify the Proper Level of Protection'
- Update to OIG Report: 'Outdated EPA Leave Manual and Control Weaknesses Caused Irregularities in the Office of Air and Radiation's Timekeeping Practices'
- Notification: Evaluation of CSB's Compliance with Executive Order 13950 on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping
- Report: CSB Discontinued Information Recovery Testing and Off-Site Backup Storage During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Report: Audit of the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's Fiscal Years 2020 and 2019 Financial Statements
- Report: EPA's Fiscal Years 2020 and 2019 (Restated) Consolidated Financial Statements
- Notification: The CSB's Fiscal Year 2020 Reporting of Improper Payments
- Update to OIG Report: 'EPA's 2018 BEACH Act Report to Congress Does Not Fully Meet Statutory Requirements'
- Notification: Audit of EPA's Compliance with Federal Requirements to Making Information Accessible Through Its Public Websites and Digital Services
- Expected Report Issuance: October 2020
- Notification: EPA's Implementation of the Endocrine Disruption Screening Program
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of the EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- Contact the OIG Hotline
- Subscribe to OIG Updates
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter
- OIG's RSS Feed
- OIG en español