Enforcement and Compliance Accomplishments for Fiscal Year 2022
In Fiscal Year (FY) 2022, the Environmental Protection Agency worked with state and local partners to achieve greater compliance with federal environmental laws and to address violations with major environmental or human health impacts.
Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Careers
Learn about EPA enforcement actions that reduce air pollution from sources ranging from power plants to vehicle engines.
Waste, Chemical and Cleanup Enforcement
Read about how we safeguard communities by reducing waste and chemical risks, and by cleaning up contaminated sites.
Find out how we protect America's waters by enforcing the Clean Water and Safe Drinking Water Acts.
Learn how we fight crime by investigating deliberate violations of environmental laws.
Learn More About
- The basics of enforcement and how the process works
- Environmental Justice within enforcement and compliance
- National Enforcement and Compliance Initiatives and how they address the pollution problems affecting communities
- Enforcement cases and settlements from around the country
- Enforcement data and results
- Federal facility enforcement
- Policy, guidance and publications
- Compliance Advisories and Enforcement Alerts
Enforcement in Your Community
- Información relacionada disponible en español (Related Information available in Spanish)