Land, Waste, and Cleanup Topics
Learn what the EPA does to regulate and reduce wastes under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and to help clean up when wastes or harmful substances pollute the land we live on.
Local Questions or Concerns
- Contact your state agency or your city/county government waste office with any waste management or recycling questions specific to your state or locality.
- EPA's Facility Registry Service (FRS) shows permit, waste, and other data for regulated facilities
Cleaning up Land and Emergencies
Garbage (Solid Waste)
- e-Manifest and Other Resources for HW Handlers
- Hazardous Waste Test Methods (SW-846)
- Learn About Hazardous Waste
- Listed, Characteristic and Mixed Radiological Wastes