Hazardous Waste Generators
Many industries generate hazardous waste. EPA regulates hazardous waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to ensure these wastes are managed in ways that protect human health and the environment. Generators of hazardous waste are regulated based on the amount of hazardous waste they generate in a calendar month, not the size of their business or facility.
Hazardous Waste Forms
Importing or Exporting Hazardous Waste
- Regulatory Options for Addressing the Temporary Backlog of Containerized Hazardous Waste Needing Incineration
- Check out our data analysis and visualizations for Hazardous Waste Generation on Federal and Tribal Lands
- Interim Guidance for Public Meetings for the RCRA Program During COVID-19.
- Small Quantity Generator Re-Notification Required by September 1, 2021
- EPA developed an Interim Guidance on Site Field Work Decisions Due to Impacts of COVID-19
- Check out our visualizations of the 2017 hazardous waste generation data
- Memo about EPA's Reverse Distribution Regulations and Reverse Logistics Policy
Related Rules and Information
- EPA has added aerosol cans to the universal waste list. Check out this new type of universal waste.
- Safe Management of Recalled Airbags Interim Final Rule
- Identifying Solid and Hazardous Waste
- 2018 Definition of Solid Waste (DSW) Final Rule
- 2013 Conditional Exclusions for Solvent-Contaminated Wipes