Strategy to Reduce Lead Exposures and Disparities in U.S. Communities
Updates are available for the EPA's Strategy to Reduce Lead Exposures and Disparities in U.S. Communities.
Community Lead Awareness
EPA is hosting free Train-the-Trainer and Understanding Lead educational sessions!
- Read the press release.
- Join EPA to learn how to reduce lead exposure in your community.
- Download the Lead Awareness Curriculum materials.
- El Plan de estudios de concientización sobre el plomo esta diponsible en español. Explore y descargue los materiales en español aquí
EPA Proposes to Strengthen Lead Paint Standards to Protect Against Childhood Lead Exposure
Proposed Lead and Copper Rule Improvements
On November 30, 2023, EPA announced the proposed Lead and Copper Rule Improvements to reduce lead in drinking water that can irreparably harm children and adults and disproportionately impacts those living in disadvantaged communities. Learn more.
- Educational documents and outreach materials
- Lead-Safe Renovations for DIYers
- National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week
- Find out if you have lead pipes in your home
- Real estate disclosure information for renters or buyers
Renovation, Repair, & Painting (RRP) Program
Lead-based Paint Activities Program
- Information about lead-based paint activities (Abatement, Inspection, and Risk Assessment)
- Lead abatement vs. RRP
- Information for lead-based paint activities professionals
- Locate an accredited lead-based paint activities training program
- Become an accredited lead-based paint activities training provider