Healthy School Environments
- Other EPA topics for educators, school administrators, and parents:
- View information about healthy schools in Spanish / Aprenda acerca de cómo establecer y mejorar los ambientes escolares sanos.
- Registered EPA disinfectants for use against COVID-19.
- The Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Tools for Schools program provides school staff with a set of webinars on best ventilation and cleaning practices, updated to reflect current conditions.
- Air: Outdoor air near schools
- Air Quality Flag Program - learn how schools can raise flags that correspond to how clean or polluted the air that day is.
- -- Products that meet the Safer Choice standard
- -- Green Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting: A Toolkit for Early Care and Education
- -- Practicing effective cleaning and maintenance (a component of the Model Program for the State School Environmental Health Guidelines)
- -- 2017 webinar on the return on investment of green cleaning in schools
- -- Environmentally preferable purchasing
General InformationLead and Children
Lead in Drinking Water
- -- Environmental health facts about children and lead exposure
- -- Federal Action Plan to Reduce Childhood Lead Exposure
- -- Protecting Children from Lead Exposures (PDF)
- -- Protecting children where they learn and play