EPA Requests Comments on Two Proposals Addressing PFAS
EPA extended the comment period for the Definition of Hazardous Waste Proposal through March 26, 2024.
Integrating Climate Change Adaptation Considerations into Hazardous Waste Cleanups
On February 6, 2024, EPA finalized a memo with recommendations for EPA regions and authorized states about how to work with facility owners and operators to integrate climate change adaptation considerations into the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act corrective action process. Read the memo.
EPA Announces Plans to Propose New Universal Waste Regulations
EPA is planning to propose new rules to improve the management and recycling of end-of-life solar panels and lithium batteries. Find out more.
Redevelopment Economics at RCRA Corrective Action Facilities
- EPA estimated the benefits of cleaning up facilities under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Corrective Action program. EPA also developed brief profiles for more than 40 facilities to showcase the benefits that can be fostered through these cleanups.
The environmentally sound management of hazardous waste helps protect human health and the environment.
Regulations for Specific Wastes
Initiatives and Special Projects
The Cradle-to-Grave System
EPA's cradle-to-grave hazardous waste management system provides the critical foundation needed to keep America's land and people safe.
- A to Z Directory of Topics
- Data Analysis and Visualizations
- Search hazardous waste data in RCRAInfo Web
- Facility-Specific Information in Envirofacts
- Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO)
- Memos and Guidance in RCRAOnline
- Sign up for our newsletter.