Reporting FY 2015 Results
Programmatic & Financial Reports:EPA issues programmatic and financial performance reports on an annual basis.
FY 2015 Agency Financial Report (AFR): Summarizes EPA’s financial results and presents its audited financial statements. Also includes EPA's FY 2015 Assurance Statement and FY 2015 Financial Statement Audit Report.
FY 2015 Conference Spending Report: Presents information on the number, expense and purpose of conferences costing over $100,000 for the agency and information on activities the agency has taken to reduce conference spending.
FY 2015 Annual Performance Report (APR): Presents detailed performance results, as measured against the targets established in EPA’s FY 2015 Annual Plan and Budget. The Executive Overview section analyzes key performance outcomes and links to FY 2015 program evaluations.
FY 2015 Financial and Program Performance Highlights: Summarizes key performance and financial results from the FY 2015 AFR and FY 2015 APR in a brief, non technical, reader-friendly format. The report shows how EPA allocated its budget resources among program goals.
Ensuring Financial and Performance Accountability
EPA’s financial and performance reports satisfy legislative requirements under the:
- Government Performance and Results Act
- Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA); and
- Inspector General Act Amendments of 1988
These pieces of legislation aim to ensure proper stewardship of federal resources.
EPA’s reports also adhere to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance:
- OMB Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements: to promote stronger connections between performance and budget planning;
- OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Controls: to report annually to the President on the effectiveness of EPA’s internal controls and the adequacy of the Agency’s internal controls over financial systems and activities; and
- OMB Circular A-11, Preparation, Execution and Submission of the Budget: to prepare and submit the agency's strategic plan, annual budget, and annual performance report.