Reporting FY 2017 Results
Programmatic & Financial Reports:EPA issues programmatic and financial performance reports on an annual basis.
- FY 2017 Agency Financial Report (AFR): Summarizes EPA’s financial results and presents its audited financial statements. Also includes EPA's FY 2017 Assurance Statement and FY 2017 Financial Statement Audit Report.
- FY 2017 Annual Performance Report (APR) - Pages 643-750 of the FY 2019 Congressional Justification: Presents detailed performance results, as measured against the targets established in EPA’s FY 2017 Annual Plan and Budget. The Executive Overview section analyzes key performance outcomes and links to FY 2017 program evaluations.
- Archived Data Quality Records (DQRs): fulfill the verification and validation requirement for the FY 2017 EPA Annual Performance Report, which supports the FY 2014-2018 EPA Strategic Plan.
Data Quality Records (DQRs) supporting the FY 2018-2022 EPA Strategic Plan - Coming soon: document the methodologies, definitions, quality procedures and other metadata associated with EPA's FY 2018-2022 strategic measures, and the related annual budget measures in the FY 2019 EPA Annual Performance Plan and Budget.
- Evidence and Evaluation: Program evaluations and Additional Contributions to EPA’s Portfolio of Evidence help provide the information EPA needs to ensure that its programs are meeting their intended outcomes and allow the agency to support more effective and efficient operations.
Ensuring Financial and Performance Accountability
EPA’s financial and performance reports satisfy legislative requirements under the:
- Government Performance and Results Act
- Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA); and
- Inspector General Act Amendments of 1988
These pieces of legislation aim to ensure proper stewardship of federal resources.
EPA’s reports also adhere to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance:
- OMB Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements: to promote stronger connections between performance and budget planning;
- OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Controls: to report annually to the President on the effectiveness of EPA’s internal controls and the adequacy of the Agency’s internal controls over financial systems and activities; and
- OMB Circular A-11, Preparation, Execution and Submission of the Budget: to prepare and submit the agency's strategic plan, annual budget, and annual performance report.