Reporting FY 2016 Results
Programmatic & Financial Reports:EPA issues programmatic and financial performance reports on an annual basis.
- FY 2016 Agency Financial Report (AFR): Summarizes EPA’s financial results and presents its audited financial statements. Also includes EPA's FY 2016 Assurance Statement and FY 2016 Financial Statement Audit Report.
- FY 2016 Conference Spending Report: Presents information on the number, expense and purpose of conferences costing over $100,000 for the agency and information on activities the agency has taken to reduce conference spending.
- FY 2016 Annual Performance Report (APR): Presents detailed performance results, as measured against the targets established in EPA’s FY 2016 Annual Plan and Budget. The Executive Overview section analyzes key performance outcomes and links to FY 2016 program evaluations.
- Data Quality Records: Document the management controls, responsibilities, quality procedures, and other metadata associated with the data lifecycle for individual performance measures.
- Evidence and Evaluation: Program evaluations and other evidence help provide the information EPA needs to ensure that its programs are meeting their intended outcomes and allow the agency to support more effective and efficient operations.
Ensuring Financial and Performance Accountability
EPA’s financial and performance reports satisfy legislative requirements under the:
- Government Performance and Results Act
- Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA); and
- Inspector General Act Amendments of 1988
These pieces of legislation aim to ensure proper stewardship of federal resources.
EPA’s reports also adhere to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance:
- OMB Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements: to promote stronger connections between performance and budget planning;
- OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Controls (PDF) (55 pp, 1.6 MB, About PDF): to report annually to the President on the effectiveness of EPA’s internal controls and the adequacy of the Agency’s internal controls over financial systems and activities; and
- OMB Circular A-11, Preparation, Execution and Submission of the Budget: to prepare and submit the agency's strategic plan, annual budget, and annual performance report.