Reporting FY 2018 Results
Programmatic & Financial Reports:EPA issues programmatic and financial performance reports on an annual basis.
- FY 2018 Agency Financial Report (AFR): Summarizes EPA’s financial results and presents its audited financial statements. Also includes EPA's FY 2018 Assurance Statement and FY 2018 Financial Statement Audit Report.
- FY 2018 Annual Performance Report (APR) (Coming soon): Presents detailed performance results, as measured against the targets established in EPA’s FY 2018 Annual Plan and Budget.
Data Quality Records (DQRs) (Coming soon): Document the methodologies, definitions, quality procedures and other metadata associated with EPA's FY 2018-2022 long-term performance goals, and related annual performance goals.
- Evidence and Evaluation (Coming soon): Program Evaluations and Additional Contributions to EPA’s Portfolio of Evidence help provide the information EPA needs to ensure that its programs are meeting their intended outcomes and allow the agency to support more effective and efficient operations.
Ensuring Financial and Performance Accountability
EPA’s financial and performance reports satisfy legislative requirements under the:
- Government Performance and Results Act
- Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA); and
- Inspector General Act Amendments of 1988
These pieces of legislation aim to ensure proper stewardship of federal resources.
EPA’s reports also adhere to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance:
- OMB Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements: to promote stronger connections between performance and budget planning;
- OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Controls: to report annually to the President on the effectiveness of EPA’s internal controls and the adequacy of the Agency’s internal controls over financial systems and activities; and
- OMB Circular A-11, Preparation, Execution and Submission of the Budget: to prepare and submit the agency's strategic plan, annual budget, and annual performance report.