News Releases from Region 10
EPA information session schedule expanded, offering more opportunities to get ready prior to release of proposed Portland Harbor Cleanup Plan
First downtown "lunchtime" community information session scheduled for 12:00 noon, Thursday, February 4, in Portland City Building
(Portland, OR - Feb 1, 2016) EPA's ambitious schedule of presentations, information sessions and webinars has expanded to include more venues across the city. Portlanders - and everyone interested in the health and welfare of the Lower Willamette River - now have even more opportunities to learn about:
- What lies on the bottom of this urban, working water way.
- The health and ecological risks and why EPA is taking action.
- How Superfund cleanups are designed, engineered and paid for.
- How to "gear up" to comment on the Proposed Cleanup Plan this spring.
In early April, EPA will release a Proposed Cleanup Plan and seek formal public comments for two months. This Plan will offer a detailed picture of EPA's preferred cleanup methods for recovering the Lower Willamette River, making it a cleaner, healthier place to live, work and play. The Record-of-Decision, or final plan, will be released at the end of 2016.
Here is the latest list of information sessions, times & locations. Come early and talk with EPA and Oregon Department of Environmental Quality representatives during the open house period which begins 30 minutes before each session:
- Thursday, Feb 4th - 12 noon, EPA Information Session, Portland City Building, 2nd Floor Auditorium, 1120 SW 5th Ave, Portland, OR
- Monday, Feb 8th -7pm, EPA Information Session, Audubon Society, 5151 NW Cornell Rd, Portland, OR
- Tuesday, Feb 9th - 7pm, League of Women Voters, Multnomah County Building Board Room, 501 SE Hawthorne Boulevard, Portland, OR
- Thursday, Feb 11th -7pm, EPA Information Session, Matt Dishman Community Center, 77 NE Knott St, Portland, OR
- Thursday, Feb 18th - 6:30pm, EPA Information Session, Woodrow Wilson High School Cafeteria, 1151 SW Vermont St, Portland, OR
- Tuesday, Feb 23rd - 7pm, Community Advisory Group Forum, Linnton Community Center, 10614 NW St Helens Rd, Portland, OR
- Thursday, March 3rd - Live Webinar EPA Information Session, Time, Details TBD
- Thursday, March 17th - 7pm, EPA Information Session, SE Multicultural Center, 4610 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR
- Saturday, March 19th - 1pm, EPA Information Session, Matt Dishman Center, 77 NE Knott St, Portland, OR
Visit EPA's Portland Harbor cleanup website for more information about the Portland Harbor cleanup and the latest meeting schedule.