On February 10, 2016, EPA proposed amendments to its 2005 rule that designated the Central and Western Long Island Sound Dredged Material Disposal Sites. The amended regulation incorporates standards and procedures for use of those sites as recommended in the long Island Sound Dredged Material Management Plan (LIS DMMP). Public meetings were held on March 1, 2016 in Port Jefferson, NY and on March 2, 2016 in Stamford, CT. Reports from those meetings are available below:You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Public Meeting Transcript: Port Jefferson, NY - March 1, 2016 (PDF)(50 pp, 196 K, March 1, 2016)
- Public Meeting Transcript: Stamford, CT - March 2, 2016 (PDF)(56 pp, 234 K, March 2, 2016)
- Public Meeting Presentation: Central & Western Long Island Sound Dredged Material Disposal Sites Rulemaking (PDF)(23 pp, 5 MB)
- Public Meeting Presentation: Overview of Monitoring at Open Water Dredged Material Placement Sites (PDF)(22 pp, 4 MB)
- Implementation of the Long Island Sound Dredged Material Management Plan (PDF)(29 pp, 2 MB)