EPA Announces Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS) for Power Plants - Rules and Fact Sheets
December 21, 2011 - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced standards to limit mercury, acid gases and other toxic pollution from power plants. More technical information can be found here.
- Fact Sheet: Benefits and Costs of Cleaning up Toxic Air Pollutants (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Mercury and Air Toxics Standards for Power Plants, Summary (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Clean Air and Reliable Electricity (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Adjustments from Proposal to Final (pdf)
- Presentation: Reducing Toxic Pollution from Power Plants (pdf)