U.S. EPA: 2017-2018 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Solicitation Webinar
Date and TimeThursday 09/28/2017 6:00PM to 7:00PM EDT
Missed the Sept. 28, 2017, informational webinar on the 2018 EPA SBIR Phase I Solicitation? Check out the presentation below.
- Environmental Protection Agency's 2017-2018 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Solicitation (PDF) 28pp, 2 MB, 9/27/2017
- EPA Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Informational Webinar Questions & Answers (PDF)(6 pp, 195 K, 10/19/2017)
EPA’s 2017-2018 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program Solicitation is anticipated to open in September 2017. The solicitation purpose is to support eligible small businesses in the development and commercialization of innovative environmental technologies. EPA is one of 11 federal agencies that participate in the SBIR Program as a result of the Small Business Innovation Development Act of 1982. EPA is calling for small businesses to apply for Phase I awards for up to $100,000 to demonstrate proof of concept in one of the topic areas listed above. Successful Phase I awardees are eligible to receive Phase II funding, up to $300,000 for two years, through an additional application process.
The objectives for this informational webinar includes:
- Review topics of the 2017-2018 SBIR Phase I solicitation.
- Learn about the federal SBIR Program and EPA’s SBIR Program.
- Learn how to apply via FedConnect.
- Review administrative, submission, eligibility and peer review concerns.
- Share frequently asked questions.
Solicitation Research Topic Areas
- Clean and Safe Water
- Air Quality
- Land Revitalization
- Homeland Security
- Building Construction Materials
For more information on the SBIR solicitations: https://www.epa.gov/sbir/sbir-funding-opportunities