Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
Are you an entrepreneur with an idea for green technology? EPA’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program may be an opportunity to help advance your innovation. Learn About SBIR.
SBIR Program Overview (PDF)(2 pp, 3 MB, 6/23/2020)
EPA is one of 11 federal agencies that participate in the SBIR Program established by the Small Business Innovation Development Act of 1982. EPA issues annual solicitations for Phase I and Phase II research proposals from science and technology-based firms. Phase II contracts are limited to small businesses that have successfully completed their Phase I projects.
- SBIR 2020 Informational Webinar Presentation (PDF)(28 pp, 2 MB, 6/19/2020)
- SBIR 2020 Informational Webinar Q&A (PDF)(7 pp, 208 K, 6/19/2020)
- June 2020 SBIR Highlights (PDF)(1 pg, 188 K, 6/8/2020)
- April 2020 SBIR Highlights (PDF)(1 pg, 168 K, 4/21/2020)
- Jan. 2020 SBIR Highlights (PDF)(1 pg, 176 K, 1/29/2020)
- October 2019 SBIR Highlights (PDF)(1 pg, 176 K, 1/29/2020)
- EPA Announces $3 Million in Funding for Small Businesses to Develop Environmental Technologies - June 2020
- EPA Awards $2.7 Million to Small Businesses to Commercialize Environmental Technologies - November 2019
- EPA Funds Small Business to Develop Environmental Technologies - February 2019