Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
Are you an entrepreneur with an idea for green technology? EPA’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program may be an opportunity to help advance your innovation. Learn About SBIR.
SBIR Program Overview (PDF)(2 pp, 2 MB, 10/17/2019)
EPA is one of 11 federal agencies that participate in the SBIR Program established by the Small Business Innovation Development Act of 1982. EPA issues annual solicitations for Phase I and Phase II research proposals from science and technology-based firms. Phase II contracts are limited to small businesses that have successfully completed their Phase I projects.
- EPA Awards $2.7 Million to Small Businesses to Commercialize Environmental Technologies - November 2019
- EPA Funds Small Business to Develop Environmental Technologies - February 2019
- EPA Announced $1.7 Million in Funding to 16 Small Businesses Across the Country to Develop New Technologies that Protect the Environment While Growing the American Economy - November 2018
- EPA Awards $1.6 Million to Small Businesses to Support the Development of Environmental Technologies –September 2017
- Planting the Seeds of Innovation: EPA Awards Contracts to 13 Small Businesses to Support Environmental Research –December 2016