SBIR Funding Opportunities
2020-2021 SBIR Open Solicitation
Open: June 23, 2020 – Close: August 28, 2020
Solicitation number: 68HERC20R0111
Access the SBIR Solicitation through FedConnect
The official solicitation is posted on FedConnect. Proposals must be submitted through FedConnect by the required deadline. Use the following steps to access the solicitation via FedConnect:
- Go to FedConnect: https://www.fedconnect.net/FedConnect/Default.htm Exit
- Use the FedConnect search function to Search Public Opportunities Only.
- Select Reference Number in the Search Criteria drop-down menu.
- Enter "68HERC20R0111" into the text box and select the search option.
- Select the SBIR solicitation title with Reference Number 68HERC20R0111.
Did you miss the Informational Webinar? View the presentation and Q&A’s below
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more. SBIR 2020 Informational Webinar Presentation (PDF)(28 pp, 2 MB, 6/19/2020)
- SBIR 2020 Informational Webinar Q&A (PDF)(7 pp, 208 K, 6/19/2020)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as part of its Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program, is seeking proposals from the small bu siness community to develop novel environmental technologies in the following topic areas:
2020-2021 EPA SBIR Topics
- Clean and Safe Water
- Monitoring technologies for water reuse
- Treatment technologies for water reuse
- Air Quality
- Air monitoring technology for ethylene oxide
- Air quality sensors for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and odors
- Innovative technologies for radon mitigation in buildings
- Land Revitalization
- Innovative technologies that destroy PFAS in soil, sediment, water and groundwater
- Homeland Security
- Long-term disinfectant coatings
- Sustainable Materials Management
- Innovative technologies that prevent food waste
- Technologies that will improve the US recycling system
- New applications for industrial non-hazardous secondary materials and food processing byproducts
- Safe Building Deconstruction Tools or Safety Equipment
- Building materials that improve energy efficiency and have reduced embodied impacts
- Safer Chemicals
- New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) to reduce, refine or replace animal testing
- Cleaner manufacturing of coloration techniques
All forms necessary for completing an application are noted in the announcement and available to download.