State-Specific Recovery Potential Screening (RPS) Tools
The Recovery Potential Screening (RPS) tool was the original source for the development of the WSIO tool online, and state-specific RPS tools are maintained and updated yearly. You can download state-specific RPS tools by clicking on the map or drop-down menu below. The RPS tools are pre-made watershed comparison tools that all contain a standard selection of hundreds of WSIO indicators, plus (in many cases) additional watershed indicator data developed in partnership with states. These tools can be used in the local computer environment without Internet access. Any state or territory’s RPS tool can be downloaded as an alternative to creating the user’s own custom WSIO tool.
- The user does not define the project area in an RPS Tool because the tools are pre-set to fully cover each state.
- These statewide RPS tools use a simple mapping function within Excel to display color maps of the state's HUC12 watersheds alone (i.e., the watersheds are not superimposed over a base map with roads, place names, etc).
- Each of the tools from the 48 conterminous states is pre-loaded with data on over 285 indicators from the WSIO data library (indicator totals may differ for HI, AK and territories or where states have collaborated to add more indicators and watershed scales), so user selection of online indicator data is not necessary. Additional indicators from WSIO or elsewhere can still be added to any RPS tool's data table by following directions on the “Add Indicators” tab.
- These tools will function using Excel 2007 or later version.
- If your file does not function properly when first opened, close it and open a second time. It will be fully functional from then on.
- Please contact EPA for information about tool development for tribal lands.
You may need additional software to view the Excel files that the map below links to. See EPA’s Free Viewers and Readers page.