COVID-19 Safe Federal Workplace
This webpage will share information about COVID-19 workplace safety at EPA, as well as resources and health and safety guidance for EPA employees and visitors. Learn more about visiting EPA Headquarters and other EPA offices.
Access EPA Facilities
Prior to accessing EPA facilities, all individuals should complete a self-assessment.
All EPA locations have non-medical disposable masks available to any person who is entering an EPA facility, including visitors who may have forgotten theirs. Contractors are responsible for ensuring that their onsite contract employees comply with all of EPA’s health and safety requirements, including the mask requirement in areas of HIGH Community Levels, while working at EPA facilities and sites.
Individuals may be asked to lower their masks briefly for identification purposes.
In order to maintain a safe workplace environment, employees and visitors must perform the self-assessment prior to entering an EPA facility.
Related Information and Resources
- Learn about the EPA COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan.
- Read frequently asked questions (FAQs) about leave, facilities, mask-wearing and other topics related to facilities and access on USA.gov's Safer Federal Workforce webpage.
Outside Agency Resources
- USA.gov Safer Federal Workforce (February 2021)
- National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness (PDF) (January 2021)
- Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing (January 2021)
- Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors (September 9, 2021)
- Executive Order on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees (September 9, 2021)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Updated Mask Wearing Guidance for Fully Vaccinated Individuals (July 2021)
- Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Agency Model Principles (PDF) (July 28, 2021)