Proposed Cross-State Air Pollution Update Rule
On this page:
On November 16, 2015, the EPA proposed an update to the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule (CSAPR) for the 2008 ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) by issuing the proposed CSAPR Update Rule.
EPA held a public hearing on December 17, 2015 and the public comment period for the proposal ended on February 1, 2016.
November 16, 2015 - Proposed Cross-State Air Pollution Update Rule
The EPA proposed Federal Implementation Plans (FIPs) in the CSAPR Update Rule to address air quality impacts of the interstate transport of ozone air pollution in the eastern United States.
- Technical support documents
- Air Quality Modeling TSD for the 2008 Ozone NAAQS Cross-State Air Pollution Rule Proposal. (The data files posted below pertain to this proposal and were also released as part of the July 23, 2015 Notice of Data Availability)
- EGU NOX Mitigation Strategies Proposed Rule TSD
- Ozone Transport Policy Analysis TSD, and Appendix E - Detailed Budget Calculations
- Status of 110(a)(2)(D)(i)(I) SIPs Proposed Rule TSD (pdf)
- Assessment of Non-EGU NOX Emission Controls, Cost of Controls, and Time for Compliance TSD
- Unit Level Allocations and Underlying Data for the CSAPR for the 2008 Ozone NAAQS (xls)