An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

Gold King Mine Resources & Information


  • Please visit this site for up-to-date sampling and testing data, and EPA actions.

Contractor information

Top of Page

Other Federal resources & information

U.S. National Fish and Wildlife Service contacts

Top of Page

State-specific or local resources & information




Southern Ute Hotline: 970- 563-5025


  • Drinking Water Information: 970-385-8700. Currently, bottled drinking water is available for pickup between the hours of 7 AM - 7 PM.
  • Agricultural water/resources contact: 970-385-8700.
  • Ditch flushing information: Visit for the most up to date information.


  • Lake Powell: Contact the Utah Department of Health at 801-538-6003.

Volunteer information

Please contact the following organizations if you'd like to volunteer:

  • Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District (970) 247-2659
  • Animas Conservancy (970) 259-0522
  • Animas River Keeper (970) 259-2510
  • La Plata Open Space Conservancy (970) 259-3415
  • Mountain Studies Institute (970) 247-7071
  • The San Juan Citizens Alliance (970) 259-3583
  • The San Juan Mountains Association (970) 385-1210
  • Sierra Club, Weminuche Group (970) 247-8811

Top of Page