Technical Review Guidelines for Environmental Impact Assessments in the Tourism, Energy and Mining Sectors
- identify, avoid, prevent and/or mitigate potential adverse impacts and
- increase potential beneficial impacts.
These guidelines do not represent the policies, practices or requirements of any one country or organization.
- Volume 1 contains the guidelines which track with internationally recognized elements of environmental impact assessment with a glossary and references.
- Volume 1, Part 2 contains example Terms of Reference cross-linked to Volumes 1 and 2 for different types of mining, energy, and/or tourism projects respectively for use by the countries as they prepare their own EIA program requirements.
- Volume 2 contains Appendices with detailed information on the applicable sector, requirements and standards, predictive tools, and international codes.
View and Print EIA Technical Review Guidelines
- Mining Sector: Non‐Metal and Metal Mining (English and Spanish)
- Tourism Sector: Tourism-Related Projects (English and Spanish)
- Energy Sector: Energy Generation and Transmission (English and Spanish)