Ozone and Your Patients' Health
Learn the science behind ozone’s effect on respiration and how to manage respiratory health using the Air Quality Index.
During the summer months, millions of people in the United States are exposed to the ambient air pollutant ozone at levels that can cause uncomfortable but reversible respiratory symptoms as well as a number of more serious health effects. This website offers a short, evidence-based training course to help doctors and other health professionals address these health effects.
Ozone and Your Patients' Health Training Course
This course describes the:
- physiological mechanisms that cause the lung function changes and symptoms from exposure to ozone
- relationships observed between ozone and other adverse health effects
- effects of ozone exposure on patients with asthma
- Helps health care providers advise their patients about exposure to ozone
- Provides tools to help patients understand what triggers their symptoms and how to alleviate them